VAN HALEN AND ROTH RE-UNION TOUR in 2007

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

VAN HALEN AND ROTH RE-UNION TOUR in 2007

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

VAN HALEN AND ROTH - FINALLY IN 2007:
No more teasing. Never tease where Van Halen is concerned...I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with David Lee Roth as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 re-union tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.
Van Halen last toured in 2004 with Sammy Hagar, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.
What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.
More details when available.

SOURCE: http://www.melodicrock.com/

Great news! But first see.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I saw Van Halen with Roth the first time around... I can't imagine they could even come close now... but it's nice to know that Dave and Ed are finally considering grownig up.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Eddie's Revenge?

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I hope they put together a great tour. I do want to see them both doing what they do best. I never got the chance to see the original band. That would make my year...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I saw them at one of the last shows they played together, they were amazing and I think they could be again. I think that Black sabbath sounded a bit lame back in 1978 (not that i saw them then, just video shows) but when they got back together in 1997 for the reunion live album I was at those 2 shows at the NEC, They were amazing!!!!

I dont follow news of Van Halen so what happened to Michael Anthony?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

EDDIE VAN HALEN's Son WOLFGANG Named New VAN HALEN Bassist - Nov. 2, 2006
TMZ.com reports that VAN HALEN has officially hired 15-year-old Wolfgang Van Halen â€â€Â
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Thanks Follis

This seems odd I wonder if Alex and Eddie will try to find a singer from the Van Halen family as well! They will be more like the Osmonds if they manage it and less like rock legends.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

VH without Mike is just like VH without Dave - it AIN'T Van Halen!!!

Maybe Ed and Alex should have the guts to form a band under a new name and try to make a new success rather than riding the past glory of Van Halen? Kinda like Dime did when he and his bro started Damageplan rather than hire new members for Pantera.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

yeah, I'm in agreement with Rocky on this one. Leave "Wolfie" at home with the babysitter. Micheal Anthony is the ONLY guy for that spot.....
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Maybe Wolfie can open the show with Sammy? And Gary Charone can sing backup?
The Flying Dutchman

Xanadu wrote:Micheal Anthony is the ONLY guy for that spot.....
Yeah, I can't think of VH without Michael !

Like Sammy said:
"He is the background vocal sound of VH if you like it or not....... and if you don't like it: it's Michael ! :D , and if you like it.... well it's me! :D "
(from a very funny interview with VH in the early nineties, they said they were always 'noise drunk' after a gig ! :lol: )

But lets hope they can fix it with Michael ! :twisted:
randyriot

Post by randyriot »

i heard this news too! im so excited. wolfgangs on bass, itll be interesting. looking forward to it if it happens!
Rhoads10

Guitar world news

Post by Rhoads10 »

check out http://www.Guitarworld.com for more news on this plus the March 07 issue of GW
Eric Hickman

From Obsecurity to Eternity
1956-1982
Corey

Post by Corey »

man this is such good news ive been hoping this is true that is a must see.
[url]http://www.myspace.com/zephyrcanada[/url]
The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman

The 2007 VH line-up:

I hope they come to Europe as well! :)