Def Leppard

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alex1251

Def Leppard

Post by alex1251 »

Do any of you like this band? If so which album do you like better: Pyromania or Hysteria?

I'm going with Pyromania, it is just so rock, it is incredible, I mean Hysteria has some good guitar tracks but not like Pyromania. I seriously don't see how Hysteria has sold more albums besides the fact that Rick Allen lost his arm. I really enjoy Armageddon It and Pour Some Sugar On Me, Hysteria will probably grow on me in the future. And do any of you actually consider Def Leppard "Hair Metal"?
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

On Through The Night & High & dry are my favorite Leppard albums. I saw them on the Hysteria tour, however, and they kicked ass.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The whole 1980's doesn't sit well with Matt LOL

But I have a soft spot for Hysteria it's way over produced but heartfelt songs are very special.

It is kind of what I think of as a fun album!

Matt

ps I love Appetite For Destruction, No Rest For The Wicked 7th Son Of A 7th Son and Skyscaper.

1986-88 was a golden period :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

I LOVE Def Leppard. Pyromania and High N' Dry are my favorites of their's.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Matthew wrote: I love Appetite For Destruction, No Rest For The Wicked 7th Son Of A 7th Son and Skyscaper.

1986-88 was a golden period :D
They were glory years I saw Def Lep on the first gig back after the accident. And granted it wasn't great but I was pleased to have been there.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

I have In The Round In Your Face and it looks like it woulda been fun to see them while Steve Clark was in the band, i dont know about now though, no offense but I see Vivian Campbell as sorta like a fag or something, like he doesnt fit in. I DO wanna go see them when they come around though, just like I wanna see Ratt in April, haha.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
S.A.B

Post by S.A.B »

I seen Steve Clark about 3 months before he died.. he was an amazing guitarist live! i compare him to Jimmy Page I think Page was his fav.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

S.A.B wrote:I seen Steve Clark about 3 months before he died.. he was an amazing guitarist live! i compare him to Jimmy Page I think Page was his fav.
I think he tried out for Leppard playing Free Bird. Yeah it was Page who was his favorite after hearing How many more times.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i like their early stuff but its kinda downhill from there IMO. i remember listening to a more recent album, i hated it :( ...
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Yeah I think Hysteria was their last best album even though it was popish. But they're still a great band.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Everything Def Leppard did was poppish. I liked the first two records, but I never cared for the over-production of the Mutt Lange records. Pyromania and Hysteria had some cool songs that sounded good live, but I prefer a more basic raw sound to the highly produced sound they went for in the studio.