Guns N' Roses...

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

slash_rhoads

Guns N' Roses...

Post by slash_rhoads »

hey im a noob to this forum lol...

im a massive gunners fan...just wondering if any of u have any sort of opinion at all about em...past or present...

good bad or otherwise...always interests me...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Just yesterday I came across a live solo by Slash that was mostly a blues jam and I decided he is a very talented player.

I saw Guns 'n' Roses at a little dump in Seattle in '86 with about 16 people in attendance. They grew as a unit over the years and are all really talented. It's a shame that some of them are less into the music and more into the lifestyle...

I am real big on Slash though, he's my #1 guy right now.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Its a shame that, in my opinion, a decent band has gone to waste. Original Guns and Roses i do like, and i think was one of the best periods to listen to.
James UK

Post by James UK »

I think they wrote some truly awesome music. Tragic that they broke up so soon...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Great band back in the day, I was always impressed that Slash's mum was David Bowie's girlfriend before he was a music legend.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
slash_rhoads

Post by slash_rhoads »

yer unless i was misinformed i understand slashs mum designed david bowiers outfits...so she was to blame lol...

i never got to see the original band...which blows...im goin in june to see the new formation...there is no way itll be as good but ill get to hear some of my fav songs so i guess beggars cant be choosers...

n rockyrhoads u should really check out some of slash's snakepit...some awesome riffs n solos...
brenton4you

Post by brenton4you »

The original line-up is grand.
Axl well he is a bite of a moron(IMO)
Slash,,,funny guy great player(last time I saw Slash he was eating dinner at hambuger hamlot w/2 kids and the kids were f**kin nuts,,,jumpin and screamin all over the place,,,fuuuuunnny)
IZZY this guy was the writing genius of this band ,,too bad him and axl have bad blood.
Duff the pretty boy of the band
Steven,,,good solid drummer( I met STEVEN first at a commercial shoot w/ Dana Plato(different strokes girl who is now deceased) KOOL guy with no hang ups,,,sad to see him in a bad health way today)
This band was a GREAT band.
ITS ALL ABOUT THE RHOADS
slash_rhoads

Post by slash_rhoads »

[quote="brenton4you"]The original line-up is grand.
IZZY this guy was the writing genius of this band ,,too bad him and axl have bad blood.
[/quote]

there is no bad blood between izzy n axl...izzy even plays live with axl sometimes with the new incarnation of the band...
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Guns N' Roses...

Post by siro_angel »

I like Guns and Roses but when Slash was at the helmn...

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
brenton4you

Post by brenton4you »

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brenton4you wrote:The original line-up is grand.

there is no bad blood between izzy n axl...izzy even plays live with axl sometimes with the new incarnation of the band...

THATS KOOL,,,I knew that during the double discs recording they didnt get along well,,,HENCE the reason IZZY walked and started his own thing. Good to hear they are tryin. Keep your fingers crossed it could happen a total reunion.
ITS ALL ABOUT THE RHOADS
slash_rhoads

Post by slash_rhoads »

brenton4you wrote:
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brenton4you wrote:The original line-up is grand.

THATS KOOL,,,I knew that during the double discs recording they didnt get along well,,,HENCE the reason IZZY walked and started his own thing. Good to hear they are tryin. Keep your fingers crossed it could happen a total reunion.
yer man theyve been crossed a while lol...

in the meantime ive been enjoying stuff like this from slashs new band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTLORbkhCa0
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

skezza wrote:Original Guns and Roses i do like
the line-up with Tracii ? :P