Very First Concert.........What Was Yours???

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

Very First Concert.........What Was Yours???

Post by Xanadu »

I'm definately going to be giving my age away here...my first concert was The Who in 1968. I was in 4th grade at the time.......without question, the LOUDEST show I've ever been to and I've been to many over the years.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

My first REAL concert was Dream Theater... bit of a difference in age between us I guess then :D
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

Black Sabbath last year 8)
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

....Matchbox 20

............. :(
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

I can't quite remember (I'll have to check my ticket stubs),....It was either Al Dimeola in San Diego...or Jethro Tull with Uriah Heep at the L.A. Forum...both were in 1977.

Yeah I'm OLD! :D
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think it was Ozzy Osbourne on the first show of the Bark At The Moon world tour. It was a great show and I enjoyed seeing Bark At the Moon played live for the very first time. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Gosh this is a hard one for me, erm, i think my first one was The Eagles which I am going again to see this year, but ive seen a few bands since but i think the eagles were my first :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Blue Oyster Cult
Matchless

Post by Matchless »

Rush
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Wow Matchless.......seeing Rush would be one helluva very first concert. As a major Rush fan, could you tell me where and when??? 8)
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
SixPounder
Cool Member

Re: Very First Concert.........What Was Yours???

Post by SixPounder »

Xanadu wrote:I'm definately going to be giving my age away here...my first concert was The Who in 1968. I was in 4th grade at the time.......without question, the LOUDEST show I've ever been to and I've been to many over the years.
Thats crazy...I've met someone that saw The Who live.... 8)

I can only imagine the memories you must have of that concert
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Matchless wrote:Rush
NICE!!

Mine was Ted Nugent. It was absolutely stunning! :shock:
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Sixpounder......Yeah, what a memory! From long ago and far away!!! The concert was held in a local gymnasium of sorts...very small. The stage was about 2 feet tall with kids DANCING in front of it. This was, from what I understood later, the first visit/tour in the U.S by The Who. I can recall "I Can See For Miles" was getting tons of airplay. I may be incorrect when I said 1968. I could have been late '67. I had just started 4th grade. The show was not far from where I lived.....none of my friends were interested so SOMEHOW I managed to con my mom into dropping me off. To this day, she says she should have had her head examined for doing so.....but she did and I just hooked up with some high school kids who let me hang with them! I can still see Townsend doing his "windmills" in this tiny hall.....and the VOLUME!!!!!! MY GOD!!!!!! I couldn't hear for days.......what a great memory. :shock:
randyriot

Post by randyriot »

motley crue on the red white and crue tour 2005 @ bell centre montreal quebec. great show, tommy lees a huge homo tho lol
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Re: Very First Concert.........What Was Yours???

Post by frank »

SixPounder wrote:
Thats crazy...I've met someone that saw The Who live.... 8)
i almost saw the who live. i was conscious long enough to see pete townsend jump 10' in the air with his opening strum. managed to stay awake to see the opening act, lynyrd skynyrd, 'tho.