Ahh, the 1980's

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Ahh, the 1980's

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Now I realize that most of us remember the 80's as Ozzy and Randy and all the hair metal nonsense... but it was also a time when concerts feature crazy mixtures of bands that you'd never think to put together now...

I came across this from a show in Germany a few minutes ago, which is what prompted this post. Foreignor topping a bill opened by Iron Maiden? Insanity!
810815a.jpg
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Ahh, the 1980's

Post by Tito »

thats nuts!!!!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

what year was that?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:what year was that?
That was 1981 Joe Happy days !!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have been getting all loved up for the 80's recently, I bought y&t's early years box set and I can't believe just how brilliant they were. I have been telling everyone how amazing their drummer was (best drummer ever) but I had forgotten just how amazing they are. Although they did start to add some wanky kb's and tried to do some rancid populist stuff like 'summer time girls'!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:rancid populist stuff

That is too funny!

I've been on an 80's kick since seeing Motley Crue in July... I'm hoping to see 'em again in December, but if not then at least I got to see a great show this summer.

In February I'll be taking my sons to see Sabbath and then in April Maiden is finally returning to the Pacific Northwest!

New music just isn't the same... or I'm just too damn old... or both.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have upped my rediscovered love of y&t with purchasing their two albums of previously unreleased Demos 'unearthed' vol 1&2.

I get them as Christmas gifts but I am in fear that they will be horrible!! Lol, but I do love these retrospective albums of bands of the past where you can see them develop and test out ideas, some that just feed later better songs. That is my big hope for RR that an album of ideas and 'workings out' is released that shows us how blizzard and diary were created?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.