It's time again: CAR THREAD !!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

It's time again: CAR THREAD !!

Post by Stiltzkin »

So...what's everyone driving? :)

I've had bad luck with cars probably because I've bought old'n'cheap cars and I'm not really a technichian :P

started in '08 w/ an Opel/Vauxhall :)
engine started and ran in all weathers, even the coldest winter us Swedes had in god knows how many years.
but, I did have a break-in where they busted the start-engine and a window. nothing major really, but at that point
I didn't feel like spending any money on fixing it up(since it was rusting away) so I sold it dirtcheap to a friend($350-400)
and went for a...
...SAAB
great car, FAST car, but the engine broke down after less than a month and fixing it would cost more than I bought the car for,
soooo, used it as a trade-in with a mechanich/car-salesman for a
trusty old VOLVO :)
this old bastard was/is built like a tank ;) one of those modells that can run for eternity, but, since it was the oldest
car I ever owned(1991) I sold it off(trades it) as a precaution for
another Volvo :D

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: It's time again: CAR THREAD !!

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I was thinking of this thread while standing on the side of the highway in the wee hours of this morning. My mini-van lost power and it took 3 hours for the tow-truck to find me. By then my brother-in-law had showed up and was investigating (car wizard, that one). He determined the ignition coil was the issue and was fiddling with and having me try starting the engine every so often. As I said, it too the truck 3 hours to arrive and, wouldn't you know, we got the damn thing started just as the truck pulled in!

We decided to limp the mini-van home and not have it towed to a garage. Ten minutes later, it's died again and now parked behind a hotel 60 miles from home!

Needless to say, a new vehicle is needed soon, at which point I'll (hopefully) have something to post in this thread.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Im about to start a rebuild on one of these, that I purchased back in 1995 when they were worth nothing. Luckily I bought most of the parts before demand started driving prices sky high. 1968 Holden HK Monaro GTS. It's a 327 Chevrolet engine, Saginaw four speed, etc. Kind of an Aussie version of a Camaro/GTO

And this is supposed to be my driver, but I blew the engine :( Waiting on a new crate 6.2L and Eaton supercharger. Or rather, waiting on the FUNDS for said bits and pieces... 2003 CV8 Monaro

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Those cars look nice :) ...and thirsty 8)
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

My current vehicle is an aluminum colored 2008 BMW 645ci- she's my pretty baby girl! 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, and they aren't kidding!When you have a family member that's worked for BMW for a number of years, one has access to cars and prices that people usually aren't.

I adore German cars- the car before this was a 2006 VW Golf.
cthomp

Post by cthomp »

What ya think? my t bucket NO , My Brother's t bucket YES......
Attachments
100_0194.jpg
100_0194.jpg (14.62 KiB) Viewed 4712 times
It's not the Brand name that makes the guitar sound good, it's the guy playing it...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

ouch, you need MUSCLES to drive my car :P
looks like there's wrong witg the power steering :(
too dark to check for oil now so that'll have to wait until tomorrow and if I can't find anything,
I guess I have to take it to the shop which usually equals $$$$ :cry: