Bon Scott Movie

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Bon Scott Movie

Post by Tito »

ok i love bon scott..ill be honest i think this upcoming film is going to flop.how the hell is an american(rob liotti)from a tribute band gonna write bons story and pull off a scottish/australian accent?high voltage productions keep leakin info on facebook that they are talking to nbc universal in london.why not wait till the deal is signed and oh the youngs havent signed off on it..i think this film is gonna suck ass!any thoughts?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Bon Scott Movie

Post by Paul Wolfe »

You know, actors often pull off accents, Tito... I'll give the old wait and see... I find it hard to believe it'd ever get made. You know, there was once a documentary planned about Randy Rhoads...
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

I personally would love to see a film about Bon, but from what I've seen on the net related to this doc, seems to me that they're trying to drum up interest and see where it goes from there. I'd also love to see a movie about Freddy Mercury!!!! Sadly, I don't think that we're the demographic that Hollywood is courting anymore.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah its a hard call as you don't know what the final release will look like. I'm sure if it's going to be a costly production it should be good. I don't know this Rob Liotti guy is he a singer from an AC/DC tribute band?.
A low budjet made film with no name actors etc it will without a doubt flop. Plus if it has to be ok'd and giving the thumbs up of approval from the band etc.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

I think their heart is in the right place with this film, I just don't think it will be well made. A comprehensive documentary would be better, IMO. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of that statement! :)
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

well heres an update from the film it says the new working title for the movie will be Bon Scott The Legend Of AC/DC "Unauthorized"...this last word tells me the band is not on board so now my question is how the hell are they going to use the music from that time!!!???? x/
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

idol right liotti was in a scott tribute band for years..hes the writer of the film.im with canuck a 2 or 3 hour no holds barred documentary is the way to go...i can smell it the film is going to suck a gorillas ass!!!the fuckin guy is posting pics of him dressed up as bon and his hair is straightend!!!!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/214396 I KNEW IT!!!AND I BACK THE YOUNGS ON THIS.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Tito wrote:http://www.bravewords.com/news/214396 I KNEW IT!!!AND I BACK THE YOUNGS ON THIS.
Me too, Tito. Even though the Youngs have a history of being notoriously difficult to deal with in many aspects and can be outright dicks business-wise, I can't help but agree with their going after this half-assed attempt at a Bon movie. And I say this as a huge AC/DC fan.

Now, if this was done by a big studio and had solid backing and some name actors, this might go forward. Kudos to the guys trying to make this, but c'mon. We all know that these "unauthorized" films usually turn out to be shite. Plus, Bon deserves better than this.

When you have producers and people trying to make the film waxing poetic about things so early on in production and essentially making excuses, you know the project is in trouble.