Christian Rock

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Christian Rock

Post by rice_pudding »

Hey all,

I just wanted to post a video from a very young band I have been helping out recently. They are a bit of an odd bunch, most of the band is aged 14-17, with the exception of two older chaps - one writes the songs and is something of a musical director, the other is a trained studio engineer. They all go to the same church.

Anyway, I'm friends with one of them and he asked me to help them make a music video. It was made with a budget of £0, no plan and no time, and it shows, but the music is good. I've only just seen the video myself so it's a surprise to see what they did with the footage.

FLIGHT_MODE - THE VICTORY

It's been a very ambitious project for a group of young people. They just got an album printed and are giving 50% of the money towards the Open Doors charity. If anyone just wants to give them a thumbs up or post a comment, I'm sure they would be very happy 8)

http://www.flightmodetheband.co.uk
http://www.flightmodeband.org.uk
http://www.opendoorsuk.org/

thanks everyone,

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Christian Rock

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I liked it Rob. Thanks for sharing it.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Just wanted to share their efforts, they are a great bunch of kids and likely to disband soon as they move onto other things - university etc.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Isn't rock "The Devils Music" :twisted:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stiltzkin wrote:Isn't rock "The Devils Music" :twisted:
except when it isn't - apparently :P

To be honest I don't quite get why Christian bands seem to be 100% Christian when it comes to lyrics. I mean surely they can still sing about other things every so often?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

You know what I HATE about Christian bands? The way they feel the [i[have[/i] to use certain Christian cliches in their lyrics. Like using King James English, quoting bible verses rather than paraphrasing them, using words like grace, agape or righteousness. Why use words and phrases only heard in church? The whole point of a Christian rock band is to spread the message of God to people who might not hear it otherwise.

I know, it's just my opinion, but I wanted to say it. I used to work in a Christian bookstore and the only people who ever came in were already Christian. It's called "Preaching to the Choir" and it happens a LOT in Christian circles. Creating an us vs them atmosphere... it bugs me.

Again though, I loved that song.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

on a sidenote, Tom Araya of Slayer is a devout christian...whaddya think aboot that? 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:on a sidenote, Tom Araya of Slayer is a devout christian...whaddya think aboot that? 8)
So, what's your point?