Getting old sucks

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: Getting old sucks

Post by Nick Hughes »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:Funny that this thread keeps popping back up. And what's with the first time posters choosing this thread?

Nick, 17 ain't old and I'd like to retract my earlier statement. As I've gotten older I've had numerous illnesses and injuries and spent a lot of time crippled. However I've also been blessed with five wonderful children and every day older I get is another day that I get to enjoy watching my kids grow up.

You need to dwell on the positives in life. Everyone has positives in life and we all need to be thankful for that.

" Live as if you're gonna die tomorrow"?? What a stupid idea. "Life is a challenge to continue on each day"?? Only if you dwell on the negatives.

I posted this last year

It seems that this post gets more post than most in the off topic section
I have been lingering here in the non rhoads sections for a while now

If any body is intreated I posted links to some of the grail audio from bark at the moon
Out takes, demos, and more in the jake e lee section
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

That time of the year again

TurIng the big 18

The bad part is I don't feel any older
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Nick Hughes wrote:That time of the year again

TurIng the big 18

man its like that until you turn 30 .... that was the first birthday that I actually felt older, not sure why though
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

sytharnia wrote:

TurIng the big 18

man its like that until you turn 30 .... that was the first birthday that I actually felt older, not sure why though
You felt older at 30? Wow! That's when I started to understand what having fun was all about :)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Sky wrote:
You felt older at 30? Wow! That's when I started to understand what having fun was all about :)
Oh I agree with that as well, but it was the first birthday that something "felt" different....you know how your mums always say "do you feel any older" thats the first time I said yeah I do for some reason
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

sytharnia wrote:
Sky wrote:
Oh I agree with that as well, but it was the first birthday that something "felt" different....you know how your mums always say "do you feel any older" thats the first time I said yeah I do for some reason
Yeah I know what you mean but the first time that I felt that I must be getting old was when I no longer had a mum to ask me that question. Maybe that's a bit serious for this thread but it's the truth.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

There is 1 new perk of being 18

Being able to drive on my own

My mom is allways sick and doing things like going to the store and ect helps her a great deal.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:

TurIng the big 18

My body felt older at 28. That is when stuff started to hurt and recovery after doing work was a lot longer.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Alex wrote:
Body wise, stick to a healthy diet, drink a lot of water, sleep enough and work out daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPRR5Qf65U
I started working out 5 times a week and gave up the soda completely. I feel a lot better now. But I still have a lot of work to do. I notice I am not quite as achy but the recovery after work outs can take up to 5 days if they were hard work outs that is.