NEW Randy story !!!!!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

pacoimaracer

NEW Randy story !!!!!

Post by pacoimaracer »

Hi everybody, I am pacoimaracer, a newbie to this great site. I too am a Randy Rhoads fan but I wasn't always. I was a High school senior in Sun Valley, Ca. when I heard of Randy's death. I was mainly a fan of Led Zeppilin , Boston, etc at the time. It would be another two years when I actually heard Randy play. I know that his death was a horrible tragedy for his family as well as to his legion of fans, we lost a guitarist and teacher. Currently I work for a huge school district here in Los Angeles. I brought in a huge book dedicated to Randy that I recently purchased. A co-worker of mine by the name of Joseph Z ( It's hard to spell and pronounce his last name ), told he that he knew Randy Rhoads for a few short years before Randy got famous with Quiet Riot & Ozzy Osbourne, He told me that Randy had my co-worker Joe, paint an old stratocaster guitar for him. Randy who was around 17 years old instructed Joe to paint the strat in black lacquer paint. Joe said Randy called the very next day to see if the guitar body was finished; Randy was in a hurry to get it back. Another story by Joe is that Randy would have Joe Z and another guy by the name of Gene Anderson pose as Randy's body guards ( For Fun ) when they would go to some small shows ( Rock ). Randy seemed to know that someday he would be a Rock Star. Anyways, I live only 10 to 12 minutes from Musonia School of Music. Please visit Randy's brother Kelle, He is an equally talented musician. Kelle's instrument is the piano. He has three c.d.'s out, The newest is Pride & Profanity. It IS INCREDIBLE!!! You can hear The Classical connection between Randy and Kelle. Love you Kelle, Your Bro L.L.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: NEW Randy story !!!!!

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

thanks for the stories and welcome to the site!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paco cheers for those RR connected stories but why do i feel like your only here to promote Kelle Rhoads ?. Forgive me for saying this, if you are here for the long duration and i hope you are. The one thread wonders who come and go and post a couple of times is fine. Your first post is a pure advert to plug someones cd's. I'm surprised you didn't post a link up. I'm sure everyone here is aware of who Kelle is and if they want to buy his cd's that's fine. Before anyone chimes in and thinks i'm being a bit harsh on the guy. Believe me i've been bashed with my 1st posts on forums. So i'm speaking from experience.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Kelle please stop getting drunk and promoting your shit on a fan site for your brother! :mrgreen:
pacoimaracer

Post by pacoimaracer »

Hi again, Sorry if I offended anyone talking about Kelle. I don't want to take away from the main purpose of this forum, and no I am not Kelle or trying to promote him. I just happen to like the guy, we talk a little right before I go into my guitar lesson. To be quite honest, I don't get how so many people worship Randy. He was a human being like all of us. I have heard that some people have even slept on his grave, very strange to me. These people need to get a life . Randy Rhoads was a great guitarist and teacher but the levels of devotion that some go through is beyond belief. To me he was a great local guitarist that everyone was aware of that finally made it big and that is great. I like most of you am a fan of Randy. Just a fan. Randy was a CHRISTIAN. So worship Jesus Christ.
RRfanFor3v3RR

Post by RRfanFor3v3RR »

Just so that I have this right, sleeping on a grave is creepy- but we should become Christian like Randy- and also buy Kelle's CDs? I don't understand the correlation between Randy as an inspiration and that sh*t you just said here. I bet you're one of the 1st members at .us because Randy was an American.

Yeah, he's dead- been gone over 30 years and yet we continue to love him as though he were alive today- but demanding that we ought to worship Christ because that is what Randy did is by far more creepier than sleeping at his grave IMO.

And no, chances are that this little corner of the inner-tubes will not buy any of Kelle's CDs. Because we are fans of his brother by no means indicates that we obliged to anything Rhoads related.

I fear that you may be one of those fans you're trying to condescend to.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Randy did grow up in a Christian household. People tend to inherit their religion from their parents. So was Randy rocking out in church on Sundays? I bet if you talked with him candidly, I bet he wouldn't know much about the good book. The problem is most don't read the bible. They go to service, sit, pray, stand and sing the songs, then they are done until next week. I respectfully denounce religion as a reason why Randy was such a great guitar player because it discounts the lessons that he took, the practice time he spent with it or the years he spent teaching guitar 10 hrs a day. Just in case somebody make that "god given" talent. Kelle is a Christian but I don't want to hear him play his music. I guess god shortchanged Kelle if you believe in god given talent.
pacoimaracer

Post by pacoimaracer »

To RRfanfor3v3RR, First of all, simmer down. I am not demanding anyone become a christian. Religion is a choice. For many of us, it is handed down to us by our families, our culture, or by society itself. What I was merely suggesting was to worship God ( that is, if you believe in a God ) and not a celebrity. If a person does not believe in God or some sort of higher power, that's cool with me, I can respect that. Now if you believe sleeping on a person's grave is normal, I suggest you seek psychiatric care, especially when the person is not even related to you. The consensus in modern Society would say that that type of behavior is abnormal. But heck, if that's what you are into, knock yourself out, please bring a blanket. Now if you were looking for some sort of correlation, I am sorry if you didn't find one. There was none to find, just my general opinions and statements. Afterall this is a F O R U M. I have freedom of speech in my country, don't know were you come from, don't care. I mentioned Kelle because I happen to like his music that's all. AGAIN, FREEDOM of SPEECH. If you dislike him or his music, that's okay too. But alas, I am a Randy Rhoads fan, He is my favorite guitar player. And I agree with hansolo that talent does not come from any religion, But I do believe that every one has a talent of some sort and some people are more talented than others. Any ways, peace out to all of you. I don't wish to quarrel with any one, after all we are all united here at this web-site as Randy fans. May Randy's memory live forever!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Jeez when did we decide to kill the messenger ....
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

So what we have here is Kelle Rhoads cd promotions and assumptions that Randy Rhoads was a " Christian" and that we should all become one...?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Not bad for a newbie to open up the thread with spam, religion and all we need now is politics and the party can kick off with a big BANG... BOOM-BABY!!!!!!...
pacoimaracer

Post by pacoimaracer »

I think I can promote any one I please to friends, forum members, club members, etc. Anyone else is FREE to make up their own conclusions. I am just shocked at all the HATERS in this web-site. Anti-kelle, anti-christian and anti-opinion. Well at least we all seem to like Randy Rhoads. The guy was AWESOME. There are many future generations that will discover and enjoy his playing. Peace, Out!!!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Was Randy a conservative or liberal? On the next Geraldo...
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

SWEAR TO SATAN!!!!!!!
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

"You fooled all the people with magic
You waited on Satan's call"