Post by Stiltzkin »

Looks like the pope is resigning.
Damn, that was fast :shock:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world ... homepage-t
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Re: Trouble in paradise?

Post by RRFan4Ever »

... at the tender age of 85! I thought of him sort of as an interim pope- John Paul II was pretty popular so assuredly he had to hard to replace.

And yeah, before someone else gets to it: the scandals in the media bout priests, usually loose with facts (something I've actually learned from the gun debate;)) per capita, not sure what the molestation allegations amount to- but in ANY religion, it's a shame to paint everyone in broad strokes.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i never liked that slimy pedophile protector!!!bet your ass somethings about to come to light and benedicto is hightailing it the hell away from rome!!!!and i used to be catholic until i renounced any form of organized religion..i still respect a person's religious belief..im only stating my opinion on this subject...
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Yeah another divisive issue between lib/rep- pro life/pro choice, etc- I think that beyond the realm of politics, our American society is controlled by the media more than anything. It tells people what to think about their own natural preferences. CNN v FOX, etc but it's all one hand washing the other. Just like the cons and libs acting out their part, both "sides" to our media have one thing in common with politics IMO: the "powers" that be. Whoever the hell they are. Oil, health, big business, etc. Fuck em all.

CNN
Too tired to go on, Pope Benedict resigns
Pope’s friend ‘not surprised’ by Benedict XVI’s decision
Abuse by priests marrs pope'slegacy

FOX
Speculation mounts on who will be next pope
Cardinal Dolan 'Startled' by Resignation
Pope's Resignation Could Open Door to Latin American Pontiff

Take your pick on what side.... I guess. I'd like to know where this case came from about "200 deaf alter boys" that were molested in 1950, and what that has to do with Benedict. And no, I'm not Catholic. Just interested in the facts amid all these incredible and fascinating tidbits of information. . . . just sayin'.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

the next pope will be the guy from africa i cant remember his name at the moment :/
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I've never really been one to care for religious things, nor politics in general, but it has honestly bothered me that the Pope resigned.

I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Pope supposed to be the voice of God? Wasn't he chosen by some "miraculous" ceremony where the cardinals/bishops/whatevers burn papers and when they find the right person for the position the smoke turns black or something like that? I can't recall all of the specifics, and I don't overly care to look too deeply into how the Pope gets the position, but it bothers me that someone would be chosen by their peers to be the "Voice of God" and then one day just up and say "Oh hey, I don't want to be the voice of God anymore. I'm gonna take my hat off and go home now" or whatever.

I don't know, but it bothers me. If I'm wrong about any of that junk up there, let me know. :P
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

...if the first scrutiny held in any given morning or afternoon does not result in an election, the cardinals proceed to the next scrutiny immediately; the papers from both scrutinies are burnt together at the end of the second scrutiny. The colour of the smoke signals the results to the people assembled in St Peter's Square. Dark smoke signals that the ballot did not result in an election, while white smoke signals that a new pope was chosen... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_conclave
Thank God for wikipedia!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

RRFan4Ever wrote:Yeah another divisive issue between lib/rep- pro life/pro choice, etc- I think that beyond the realm of politics, our American society is controlled by the media more than anything. It tells people what to think about their own natural preferences. CNN v FOX, etc but it's all one hand washing the other. Just like the cons and libs acting out their part, both "sides" to our media have one thing in common with politics IMO: the "powers" that be. Whoever the hell they are. Oil, health, big business, etc. Fuck em all.

Take your pick on what side.... I guess. I'd like to know where this case came from about "200 deaf alter boys" that were molested in 1950, and what that has to do with Benedict. And no, I'm not Catholic. Just interested in the facts amid all these incredible and fascinating tidbits of information. . . . just sayin'.
The most heinous crime known to man:child rape
The biggest perpetrator of child rape:the roman catholic church.
That organization should be raped,pillaged and scorched to the ground.

IMO :evil:
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I agree with you, however many of these alleged events are usually stories can neither be proven nor disproven. That's my problem with the MSM perpetuating these stories, and if we were to look into different organizations and their history concerning child abuse and molestation, I'm sure that there would be similar tales to tell with the boy scouts, YMCA, protestant denominations, etc.

Kinda like that woman in AZ accused of killing her BF- I'm not too familiar with the case, and I don't want to be but I tuned into the news while I was eating supper and was treated to 20 minutes of a newswoman (who was hyper, agitated and frequently interrupted her guests) shrieking about anal sex, S&M practices and what "women fantasize about" (being dominated, of all things!) Once sex is factored in, it seems this country is willing to part with all common sense and prepared to crucify someone, hell- anyone- for something, whatever it is that incites them.

This "roman catholic" abuse scandal has the same cause and effect unfortunately. I fear that credibility isn't an issue with reporting on this topic.