Should I Do It

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRFAN123456789

Should I Do It

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

The drummer in my band doesn't really click with me and my bass player. He's a good drummer, but he's not what we're looking for. We've got our first gig on Thursday. I play guitar, but I also play drums and bass. We're recording some stuff on the Friday before Christmas, and I don't know if I should overdub my drumming into it and take his out when we do record. What approach should the rest of the band take to kick him out, and get a new drummer. We're all 13 and 14 so my options are limited. He's phenomenal but he goes by musical theory (I apply it too, but he acts like Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is somthing where he can apply marching band technique as to where I play by ear/tab (My playing is a mix of Rhoads, Cobain, and Lennon)) Him and the bass player don't really even get along, so it drastically effects the chemistry. If you'd meet the band you'd see that he's not really on the same page as us. Please help me. He's a good friend of mine and that's how I want it to remain.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Should I Do It

Post by randy will never die »

RRFAN123456789 wrote:The drummer in my band doesn't really click with me and my bass player. He's a good drummer, but he's not what we're looking for. We've got our first gig on Thursday. I play guitar, but I also play drums and bass. We're recording some stuff on the Friday before Christmas, and I don't know if I should overdub my drumming into it and take his out when we do record. What approach should the rest of the band take to kick him out, and get a new drummer. We're all 13 and 14 so my options are limited. He's phenomenal but he goes by musical theory (I apply it too, but he acts like Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is somthing where he can apply marching band technique as to where I play by ear/tab (My playing is a mix of Rhoads, Cobain, and Lennon)) Him and the bass player don't really even get along, so it drastically effects the chemistry. If you'd meet the band you'd see that he's not really on the same page as us. Please help me. He's a good friend of mine and that's how I want it to remain.
TRY OUT OTHER DRUMMERS AND SEE IF U CAN GET SOMEONE BETTER IF NOT THEN WORK WITH YOUR DRUMMER AND SEE IF YOU AND HIM CAN GET ON A GOOD GROUND THEN WORK ON FROM THER

NICK OUT......