Cool Member

Re: inportant

Post by shawn »

randy will never die wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
randy will never die wrote:Happy thanks giving :D
well if your american anyway :idea:
Don't have to be american to eat the hell out of a turky happy holidays
Nothing like celebrating the beginning of the slaughter of up to 30 million Native Americans, nothing like a misplaced holiday. Imagine if we celebrated the beginnings of the holocaust.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

you have to show respect to all cultures beliefs etc..im catholic by force..i was baptized when i was 6 months old..i was raised in the church and played guitar in the choir back in the early 90's..well long story short after seeing the garbage and hypocracy that goes on in religion and the church, i renounced any form of religion and the bible...but i still believe in god..so you really need to take into account that there are many beliefs and religions,and thanksgiving doesnt mean anything to certain people..something to think about...like when somebody sneezes we automatically say god bless you without thinkin damn maybe the person is an atheist or is a follower of satan...
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Did not mean to ofend anyone I probly should have. Just said happyy holidays
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

randy will never die wrote:Did not mean to ofend anyone I probly should have. Just said happyy holidays
Ah don’t sweet it to much you are only observing a national holiday, it’s your government that is retarded hahaha.

The only offence you committed was not posting this in the off topic section.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

randy will never die wrote:Did not mean to ofend anyone I probly should have. Just said happyy holidays
again only a holiday in america :roll: :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shawn wrote:Nothing like celebrating the beginning of the slaughter of up to 30 million Native Americans, nothing like a misplaced holiday. Imagine if we celebrated the beginnings of the holocaust.
Nothing like being completely wrong with what you say in response to someone wishing you well. Not sure where your coming from, Shawn, but that was a dickhead comment.

Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for everything that has gone right for you this year.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm native American (1/8) and its true the government still is very shady to the remaining Indian tribes. For instance, a white man cannot be tried on Indian land by the tribe for any crime but an Indian can be tried by the white man's court if he steps outside his land. It really is a shame how the government treated the original residents of America.
Last edited by hansolo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Belated thanks for what were have. Peace on earth goodwill to men... I had a great night with family. This country (USA) defiantly has it's faults but some others have it so much worse. Keep that in mind. It's okay to always try to improve and learn.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
shawn wrote:Nothing like celebrating the beginning of the slaughter of up to 30 million Native Americans, nothing like a misplaced holiday. Imagine if we celebrated the beginnings of the holocaust.
Nothing like being completely wrong with what you say in response to someone wishing you well. Not sure where your coming from, Shawn, but that was a dickhead comment.

Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for everything that has gone right for you this year.
Ah Paul that may be what you believe it is celebrating, all the good things that happened to you in the previous year, and fair enough. Now don’t let the real history of the holiday get in the way of that of course. 1637 Green Corn Festival 700 unarmed men women and children killed, the next day is the beginning of thanksgiving.

I do know that the OP was not being thankful for that slaughter of course.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

shawn wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

Ah Paul that may be what you believe it is celebrating, all the good things that happened to you in the previous year, and fair enough. Now don’t let the real history of the holiday get in the way of that of course. 1637 Green Corn Festival 700 unarmed men women and children killed, the next day is the beginning of thanksgiving.

I do know that the OP was not being thankful for that slaughter of course.
too bad Paul left...I would like to see his response to that :lol: