FO THE OLD TIMERS!!!!!!!MAIDEN!!!!!!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

FO THE OLD TIMERS!!!!!!!MAIDEN!!!!!!

Post by Tito »

VIEJOS(OLD MEN)!!!!remember when we had to wait every week for a new video of the week?this clip supposedly was shot 3/20/82..these guys are the epitomy of backing up live what they recorded in the studio..PAUL this one's for you!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xquObDhyXyI
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: FO THE OLD TIMERS!!!!!!!MAIDEN!!!!!!

Post by Paul Wolfe »

At the end of my sophomore year in high school we found out that there would be a Scorpions concert at the University of Washington over the summer. Somehow word got around that either Rainbow or MSG would be on the bill as well. It turned out to be be Iron Maiden as the opening act supported by Girlschool! Absolutely the best concert ever! I saw Maiden on the next 3 tours after that, but they never topped the Beast tour in my eyes.

I had the 12" single of Run to the Hills and absolutely fell in love with Total Eclipse on the B-side. Learned to play that song in '83 on my Mustang as well!

Thanks Tito :D

Best live band EVER!

Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

no problem dude!!!aha!!!cant forget about dianno either!!i love his voice!!!did you read his book?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I always felt that Iron Maiden were too flashy! relying on elaborate sets to pad everything out! however I now accept that what they were doing was giving a prodution as well as providing OK tunes. They were also following on from a long tradition of good British bands, but with IM what they lacked in ground breaking musical talent they made up with big money production.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ground breaking? No... Maiden was (is) the tightest band live... absolute prescision live.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

A bit of topic, but I have seen the Iron Maiden "Flight 666" doc on the Belgium tv yesterday night when they are getting on tour with the Ed Force 1 flyed by Bruce D. himself! 8)
Really nice doc! It was really moving to see what a impact they had/have on people in Latin America...... And they realize that very well. Still no attitudes or weird rockstar behaviour in the Maiden camp. Just a great bunch of guys who love to play their music for other people! Great band & great role models for lots of other musicians imo! 8)

The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

You know dutch i think thats why ive always liked them..in interviews they seem genuine plus the live shows were and still are top notch!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Back in 88 or 89 I was in a bar at a hotel in my city the night before 'Monsters of rock' was played, it was the years guns and roses played and some kids got crushed to death in a stampede to see them! that night in the bar Maiden were there too and they were really kind to the kids who were staying at the hotel chatting playiong games, you are right they are honest and straight forward. ON that same night GNR played at a small club and recorded part of the 'Paradise city video and Dave Lee Roth and Steve Vai played a Jazz set at a bar close to the Hotel, and that is what I wish I had seen because I learned that nobody there knew who he was and they didn't say who they were! how cool would that have been being the only ones there who knew what you were seeing?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Years ago my buddy's band got a last minute call to open for Paul Dianno's Battlezone at a Seattle club. I got the call to move all their equipment ;)

Anyway, there was a closet-sized 'dressing room' and we were in there writing up a set list when Dianno and his entourage came to the door. One of his guys told us to get out, to which I responded, "When we're done." That brought a bit of anger from the guy,

"Do you know who this is?!"

"Does he know who I am?"

"Don't be a smartass, kid"

"Yeah, I know who he is. His old band is playing in the Tacoma Dome next week and he's playing here, just like us... so what's your point?

At this point Dianno stepped up and laughed and said, "I like this guy." Then to me he said, "Let us know when you're done." And they went to the bar.

When my buddy's band got to the end of their set and announce the last song, Dianno yelled, "Keep playing, I'm not ready yet!" So they played Total Eclipse!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lmao thats awesome paul!!!!!
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I saw their new Maiden England show, it was the best show ive seen, better than the Final Frontier show. Id have to disagree with saying they have a lack of talent but make up for it with a stage production. They are very talented musicians and yes, the are one of the tightest live bands that there is
DJRockAngel

Post by DJRockAngel »

I was in the front row for the Powerslave tour. It was so loud my ears were ringing for 3 days. 2 summers ago, I saw them play at an amphitheare. I wanted to observe.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The World Piece tour featured Saxon and Fastway as I recall, I loved that show... I missed the World Slavery Tour because I really didn't care for Powerslave (or Twisted Sister by that point in their career).
JasonRain

Post by JasonRain »

At the end of my sophomore year in high school we found out that there would be a Scorpions concert at the University of Washington over the summer.

Post by DJ Rock Angel »

Did anyone see DiAnno on his solo tour a few years ago? He was huffing and puffing and swearing up a storm..had an anger problem onstage...He was great back in the day...but the night I saw him ...he looked like a walking heart attack..he kept drinking and chain smoking...too bad. Sold out show.

No passage can divert the course of Pegasus the Muses Horse