Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Re: WTH HELL HAPPEND TO "Randy Rhoads Book SPOILERS"

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:This is what happened:
Hi Moderators,

I'm an attorney in Los Angeles and one of my clients is a publishing company named Velocity. Velocity has recently released a book about RR and his life. The materials in that book were extremely difficult to obtain and creating it was a timely and expensive process.

We're wondering if you guys would be kind enough to help remove these pages from the site. In order to reproduce anything from the book, we have to get permission from the author.

Is there something you can do to help us out? Feel free to call if necessary.

Thank you very much!,

Ashkaan Hassan, Esq.

First of all, thanks for posting that explanation.

Why not locate the offending posts and delete the pictures and/or links that are causing the issue and in their place put an explanation that, do to legal reasons, certain things had to be censored.

Why lock a whole thread? Why stop the conversation because a lawyer politely asks for the stuff related to copyrights be removed?
+1
Topic is back in place, but some photos are removed now.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: Why not locate the offending posts and delete the pictures and/or links that are causing the issue and in their place put an explanation that, do to legal reasons, certain things had to be censored.
+1
Topic is back in place, but some photos are removed now.

Thank You, Sir.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Is it just me or is the spoilers thread still locked? I get a page that says it's no longer there.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

rrfan its up i just checked it...click on the thread name and it should show up..
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I click on Randy Rhoads book SPOILERS and I receive the message "The requested topic does not exist" is there a different link I could use?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Same thing here.... 'The requested topic does not exist'.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hi Folkes,
I did edit that thread when it was still in the "trash can" and after that I moved it to 'general'. (had to remove some photos because of that authorship thing) But then somehow the database got corrupted because of that :? . The topic title is indeed visible but when you click on it it says the topic does not exist. :? We had this simular error one time before and I know this can only be repaired by an 'admin' here . Message was sent to Skezz for this but he is not much online anymore these days.... So we have to wait unfortunately till he reads the message.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Re: WTH HELL HAPPEND TO "Randy Rhoads Book SPx nOILERS"

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Thank you for the info, at least I know I'm not losing my mind! LoL