If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Spiritinthesky

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Post by Spiritinthesky »

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, Freddie Mercury? Or someone else?

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/stairway_to_heaven
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Based on the subject of this forum, it's pretty obvious who this community would choose.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am with Paul on this one but as a clue I will leave you with this RR? But I wouldn't want to see him play with Ozzy or QR I would want to see him with David Bowie which is wher I think he would have ended up had he not been taking away so young and so early in his career.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Trigger wrote: But I wouldn't want to see him play with Ozzy or QR I would want to see him with David Bowie which is wher I think he would have ended up had he not been taking away so young and so early in his career.
Very interesting, I can see that working now that you mention it.

I deeply appreciate Randy’s work on those last two albums; I love his live playing on the bootlegs even more. He was turning into something that the guitar world still stands in awe of now. Where could his imagination have taken us next?

I digress, who would I bring back for one performance.
I am also a massive Bon Scott fan his music inspires me as much as Randy’s.
I’m going to throw a spanner in the works and say Janis Joplin. That’s how I feel at this point right now, tomorrow may be different who knows.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

shawn wrote:He was turning into something that the guitar world still stands in awe of now.
like what?
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Stiltzkin wrote:
shawn wrote:He was turning into something that the guitar world still stands in awe of now.
like what?
I believe his guitar/compositional skills where still advancing. We did not get to see where this may have led to, hence the “turning into” comment. He was already playing/composing beyond what talented musicians can achieve in a life time.

What could he have produced if he had even more freedom to choose the direction of his music?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The thing is, if you brought them back for one performance, would they be at the same musical level they were at the time of their death or would they have continued to practice in Heaven?

I wish I could have seen Randy play, but I also wish I could have seen Hendrix... I'd love to see Andy Wood fronting Mother Love Bone again or Layne Staley and Mike Starr with Alice in Chains...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:or would they have continued to practice in Heaven?
that's a totally different subject 8)