Support for fledgling Web Series

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Support for fledgling Web Series

Post by rice_pudding »

Hello everyone,

In the last couple of months I've been helping a new local production company with a couple of web series. They are both very low budget and relying on a mixture of crowd funding, partnerships and some mysterious investor who I've yet to meet :lol:

Anyway, both shows need views to help kick start them, and a regular audience if anyone actually likes them enough! The first series went up on Monday. It's called 'Donald Newman - Underachiever (also saviour of the universe)'
Life hasn't turned out quite how Donald Newman once pictured it, he's been working a dead end job for the past ten years and been forced to move in with his brother after effectively becoming homeless. He is very much aware he's only a couple of steps from rock bottom but an attempt to shakes things up suddenly catapults him in the other direction.

Before he knows what is happening he is being stalked by a mysterious figure, finds himself the target of demonic hitmen and learns that reality as he knows it is pretty far removed from how he knows it. To top it all off it all began with him getting run over by a car being driven by himself.

Donald is about to learn that sometimes being boring and ordinary isn't something you should wish away too hastily.
Can be seen here or on youtube; http://www.scifinal.com/donald-newman-u ... -universe/

release schedule is as follows: ep 1- Monday 18th June
ep 2- Monday 2nd July
ep 3- Monday 16th July
ep 4 - Monday 30th July (more episodes to be filmed in august!)

I don't want to come on here plugging things down everyone's throat, but if you find yourself bored while surfing the web, consider giving it a watch, you may just like it. It's a comedy in the style of Blackadder and Red Dwarf and it has a wizard, so that has to count for something :lol:

The second series, another comedy, will be starting next weekly and airing weekly. I will update this thread when it is up.

Thanks everyone,

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: Support for fledgling Web Series

Post by rice_pudding »

Ok, last spamming I promise :mrgreen:

The other series I mentioned in the above, Eaten by the Wolves, has been up for two weeks. There are currently two episodes up. New episodes every friday, so another tomorrow. It's a series about four out of work housemates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1elROS ... r_embedded

Other than that I would be interested in any feedback and critical debate about the episodes (keep in mind i did not script/direct either series). :?:

And as an extension to that I'd be interested to hear what people think about the future of online TV, particularly youtube, and what you all hope to see in the future? It's a vast and interesting area of discussion. At least I think so! :?: :?: :?:

thanks,

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk