Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

New (UNRELEASED) US Festival Clips!!!

Post by skezza »

Hey gang,
I know I haven't posted in a while but this is DEFINITELY worth seeing. I recently had the two US Festival Ozzy videos removed from YouTube due to copyright infringement. I e-mailed the contact address given in the hope I could get them reinstated.

I was contacted by Anthea from Historic Film Archive at http://www.historicfilms.com/.

As a compromise, the videos have been re-uploaded with a slight watermark, but WOW look at the quality and the extra backstage footage. I remember seeing the US Festival stuff when I was like 12 and thinking it was amazing. Watching them made me feel a kid all over again. The reason the videos I uploaded were taken down is the Historic Film Archive are planning a release of the US Festival footage. I'm not sure how they are looking to do it but I seriously cannot wait. There were some amazing performances!!

Notice a bit of Over the Mountain at the start and a tiny bit of Suicide Solution at the end :P

Backstage footage anyone? ;)

Cannot wait for this release!
The Flying Dutchman

Re: New (UNRELEASED) US Festival Clips!!!

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great footage! 8)
Really like that backstage footage as well, didn't know Jake had a white Marshall as well!
Should be great with all these big bands from the eighties. Definitely something I'll buy when it comes out!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hello stranger (Joe) That is awesome quality Cheers for posting that up. I posted up a thread a couple of months ago and it was linked to the US '83 footage of Quiet Riot which was rereleased in excellent quality. So i wouldn't be surprised to see all the bands being released with some unseen footage extras. Was it rumoured that the full Ozzy gig was filmed but only a couple of tracks ever became available ?.
I hate the jazzed up keyboards on Mr Crowley it's just too much. Ozzy fluffing the lyrics to Paranoid unbelievable, how many times has he sung that song. But i always loved Randy and Jake's guitar on that track how they mixed it up and did it better then Iommi IMHO.
This is the link for the QR footage enjoy :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtZ7o-UhNCI
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Looks promising, I will check it out when I have time 8)

It always amazes me that people get items removed from youtube but they never seem to realise they could be making money from this vintage material!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

JOE you're ALIVE!!

Thanks for this.. I remember watching this to see Randy's replacement for the first time... kinda sad that Ozzy got the rhythm section he claimed to have wanted (Bob & Tommy) all along, but didn't have Randy there.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool! Thanks for putting that up. Do they have a release date yet?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

These are great. Thanks for the heads up. I love the live Jake era stuff. I wish there were more.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This was a great show and really got into the mechanics of those songs I remember watching these videos and watching how Tommy constructed his riffs.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.