I think I'm having a life crisis

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

I think I'm having a life crisis

Post by kamalayka »

I am 23 years old. I have a dull job, I live in a single-bedroom apartment, I've lost contact with all of my friends, I don't have a girlfriend, I haven't seen my father since I was a little kid, the dog I've had since I was ten just died. . .

It's not a self-pity thing (I have many things to be grateful for), but I feel stuck in a rut. :| (I don't want to end up like that Robin Williams character in the movie One-Hour Photo!)
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: I think I'm having a life crisis

Post by Jazznroll »

as long as you are healthy and have family and the motivation to keep on going you should be alright, we all go thru shit but we have to get thru it, we laugh at it before we know it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka wrote:I am 23 years old. I have a dull job, I live in a single-bedroom apartment...
I'm 45-years-old, no longer have a job as of last Friday, live in a 4 bedroom house that requires monthly payments... As Jazznroll said, we all go through shit.

Not to belittle your situation, however. Is there anything we can do to help?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

you got your own place? then start gettin ladies up in that bitch and start throwin some pipe down!!!!stuck in a rut,start gettin stuck up in some vagina!!!!!that will ease a lil bit of your rut!!!!or men whatever your thing is you know?you have a job and you got a roof your 23..you know how many people are worse off than you?i know plenty!!!so grow some fuckin balls suck it up and make things better for you!!!feeling sorry for yourself isnt gonna do anything..and im tellin you that from my own experience. so be thankful for what you have even tho you see it as very little!!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

A 30 minute jog, 3x times a week keeps funky feelings or depression at bay for me.It also helps you sleep better.I thought it was bs but it really does work.I do it on a dirt track so my old knees dont freak out.I guess any rigorous excercise where you build up a sweat, 3x a week will do.
Probably the most important thing is to have friends or re-connect with your old ones.Even if you dont like them you can meet other people through them.

Life can get real,real sucky at times.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:A 30 minute jog, 3x times a week keeps funky feelings or depression at bay for me.
Very good advice.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

You guys are right. I actually feel a little embarrassed having posted this. I was in a strange state of mind earlier today. My loser father called me for the first time since I was in grade school and I told him off (he was the raging alcoholic type, and the first things he asks for after all these years is to borrow some money. I guess he has amnesia about beating the living shit out of my mother and sister and me on a constant basis!! :x ) I was online when he called me and I just needed somewhere to vent. I thought my life mirrored his (minus the drunken violence, of course) and it got me REALLY depressed.

I'm so pissed just thinking abot it.

I actually am very embarrassed about having posting it. :oops: I had to go to work as soon as I finished typed it, and forgot about it until right now when I checked my email. (No point in erasing it at this point.)
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Play the shit out of your guitars...meet some new people, be friendly to everyone until they shit on you. Doors will open, you'll be fine. Block your dad's number. Keep your job while searching for something better.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

There's this really pretty new girl where I work. I think I'll ask her out the next time I see her. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but then again, so is posting my emotional state on an internet forum!

Thanks for the advice though, everyone.

And this'll be my final prima donna internet post. :roll: I imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger would probably say, "ahh, yoo girly-mahnn, yoo hoff to grow some ballz!"
Attachments
arnold.jpeg
(5.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

A "Real Man" doesn't fear showing emotions... we are here to be a community of friends. When you need friends, come here and talk to us.

It's a shame you dad was 'less than stellar'... you will be a better man than that, because you can see what was wrong with his behavior. The first step in dealing with an issue is being aware that an issue exists.
Attachments
404021_10151427364735644_251431730643_23929158_1398146902_n.jpg
Kel

Post by Kel »

hang in - you have friends here -- God be with you.

pastor Kel leary+

:D
Verbum Domini Manet en Aeternum

Kel
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Kamalayka,

If it makes you feel any better, I am also 23, technically unemployed, single, back to living with my parents and have no social life. :lol: Yup, life is bull sometimes. But as a fellow young guy I can certainly sympathise with how you feel. There is a lot of pressure these days to live our youth to the fullest, and tick all the boxes of a conventional life, girlfriend, independence, wild adventures etc. Peer pressure, even indirect, is half the battle. Social media only seems to make this worse, with everyone posting updates, trying to convince each other they have such a great life. Not everyone's life can follow a formula though. Whatever you do, try to enjoy it, and if you don't, try to do something else.

I pushed myself into joining some local clubs/societies last year. Things I would never normally think of, maybe give that a go? When all is said and done, we can all thank whatever God(s) we believe in, that we're sat here typing on this board, and not stuck in a third world slum, wondering where to find clean water.
oth wrote:A 30 minute jog, 3x times a week keeps funky feelings or depression at bay for me.It also helps you sleep better.I thought it was bs but it really does work.I do it on a dirt track so my old knees dont freak out.I guess any rigorous excercise where you build up a sweat, 3x a week will do.
I gotta agree 100% with that. It certainly helped me get out of a bad habit with a whiskey bottle when times got tough a couple of years back. Physically and mentally it's a way of releasing emotion. I used to think of the track as an adversary, every step taken in the face of adversity (that being my lack of fitness :wink: ) was like giving the world the middle finger! It got me into the mentality of facing things head on and beating them.

I'm curious Oth, what is it about running that you like?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

rice_pudding wrote:

I'm curious Oth, what is it about running that you like?

Rob
Nothing.

Haha!No i just started and noticed the benefits asap.Going around the track can be uninspiring but i just think about things and my mind kinda cleanses out while im doing it.I usually come home from work zonked and now i have energy and not bummed out.Its really been amazing for me if i think about it.Im actually getting good solid sleep for the first time in 17+ yrs.I shoulda started a long time ago.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120