Mass Poster

Re: How true is this ...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Perfect!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

this is true!!!!!van halen is gonna be in town and play at the tampa times forum in 4 days...thing is they been advertising it since november!!!!!still hasnt sold out!!!!!!!the forum is less than 20 minutes away from where i stay but for the obvious reason it hasnt sold out!!!!!back in the day that shit would have sold out in 3 days!!!!!!!!you gotta love technology i guess!!??
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've already managed to see this tour of VH and they won't be here until May! Cameras and YouTube have changed so much.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I wouldn't pay a nickel to see Van Halen
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

They are giving the UK a wide birth. I just don't think they'd be as good as they were back in the 80's. Would anyone say they are still as good ?

This was another funny pic i seen on FB. Its a science exam paper, but the kid hasn't exactly grasped the question... I love this
Attachments
Metal Symbols.jpg
(11.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

that's right on:)

I've stood onstage (not dead center or anything) as some (rather special) friends of mine performed, and I've seen the vast amount of hand signs, cams and cells (and a shitton of moshing)- it's quite a site to see from their perspective, for sure!

yeah- they're famous but I don't wanna put that out there, it just seems wrong like I'm trying to call attention to myself outside of what I have to contribute about Randy and his legacy here, but I will say that one band's name begins with a number (spelled out, not the digit) and the other's initials begin with l and o- pretty sure you all know of em, if you don't listen to them. I don't know why I feel weird about posting that, but I do.

but to see upwards of 5,000 screaming fans convulsing about- from their vantage- are several of my favorite moments of drawing breath on this earth. and even 2 of my children have stood onstage and witnessed it (guess I'm a hip parent, kids always had good ass music in their lives, infancy forward- but their first gig was backstage/sidestage- without the grown up antics. I thanked my friends and got the hell out of their way afterwards.)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I actually think the 2012 came a little earlier than that ;)
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I just don't think they'd be as good as they were back in the 80's. Would anyone say they are still as good ?
Let me put it this way - on a scale of 1-10 where Van Halen 1978-1981 was a 10 .... Van Halen 2012 is about a 5.

On a GOOD night.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I just don't think they'd be as good as they were back in the 80's. Would anyone say they are still as good ?
Let me put it this way - on a scale of 1-10 where Van Halen 1978-1981 was a 10 .... Van Halen 2012 is about a 5.

On a GOOD night.
Surprising i have seen Dio with H&H and the last Judas Priest tour, Schenker with Pete Way and Herman Rarebell, Iron Maiden etc. They all put on a great show for being old man who seem to get the 'they are past it vote'. I would of thought they'd be on par with the old school of muso's ?.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:

On a GOOD night.
Surprising i have seen Dio with H&H and the last Judas Priest tour, Schenker with Pete Way and Herman Rarebell, Iron Maiden etc. They all put on a great show for being old man who seem to get the 'they are past it vote'. I would of thought they'd be on par with the old school of muso's ?.
David Lee Roth is ATROCIOUSLY awful, now. Cringeworthy.

Ed is playing well (NO comparison to the early Frankenstrat guitar magic, however) and is about the ONLY reason to see them "live.'
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Lol so true :D

Why is eddie not as good as he was, how can a guitarist go backwards?