Jim Marshall passes aged 88

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Jim Marshall dies RIP

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

An innovator in technology and the leading pioneer in amplifiers and speaker systems. Marshall must be the most recognised Hard Rock HM stack in the World. Randy can get those white Marshall's now he's had them on order for the last 30 years. Jim you'll be sadly missed. :cry:
camdenlp
Cool Member

Re: Jim Marshall dies RIP

Post by camdenlp »

I'm cranking my Plexi tonight when I get home ok honor of the man
BowTie29
Cool Member

RIP Jim Marshall

Post by BowTie29 »

RIP Jim,

Thanks for all of the great music that you have made possible through your amps.
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Re: RIP Jim Marshall

Post by blues_n_cues »

Thank you "DAD'" for helping (years ago) another angry pimply faced skinny shut-in find his place in the world...

I'll be playing this.

& these
through this..

on11 all night......
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Jim Marshall passes aged 88

Post by rice_pudding »

www.rstorey.co.uk
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Jim Marshall passes aged 88

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

:wink:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Jim Marshall dies RIP

Post by Paul Wolfe »

He had a long, good life and he left his mark on this world. What more could one ask of a life?
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:He was a popular guy but do we need 3 threads on this subject ?. Look before you leap ...... :wink:
Didn't see any other thread when I posted, let alone two! there are a short couple of vids in the bbc link if anyone is interested.

I'm pretty sure the man handed over most of the business to his daughter in recent years, and to be frank I think Marshall have been a bit stagnant in recent years, hopefully things don't go down hill without the icon presiding in the background.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rice_pudding wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:He was a popular guy but do we need 3 threads on this subject ?. Look before you leap ...... :wink:
Didn't see any other thread when I posted, let alone two! there are a short couple of vids in the bbc link if anyone is interested.

I'm pretty sure the man handed over most of the business to his daughter in recent years, and to be frank I think Marshall have been a bit stagnant in recent years, hopefully things don't go down hill without the icon presiding in the background.

Rob
Yeah Rob the mods have combined the 3 into 1. I had a look to make sure no one had posted before me and i couldn't see anything mentioned at the time.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

So a question to everyone, what are your best experiences of Marshall amps?

I remember plugging into a 40w triple super lead combo, first marshall I ever played, and probably the best amp I ever played! That thick resonant tone and smooth effortless drive was quite something for a 15 year old kid. :shock:

And I remember the excitement of getting a Marshall MG for Christmas, kind of rubbish to be fair, but at the time it was my first proper amp and I was very happy!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Where would we be without Jim "The father of loud".....?

RIP JIm
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.