thanks for booting me off www.randyrhoads.tk

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cliffdimerandy

thanks for booting me off www.randyrhoads.tk

Post by cliffdimerandy »

i was a good standing member on there since 2005. i mention EVH and everyone freaks out and now im banned.
ah well its there loss. doesnt make me any less of a randy rhoads fan then them. one mod in particular is a complete dick and he knows who he is so id like to say F*CK YOU
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: thanks for booting me off www.randyrhoads.tk

Post by Tito »

you know cliff the way you took the retarded route with the evh thing was really stupid..if you give an opinion you have to be able to accept and respect a contrary view...i read the thread and for me it was just really one sided and fanatical..and you should really chill with callin people out and sayin fuck you cuz that aint gonna win you any points dude...your a fan and thats cool but i think you got it twisted as far as fandom goes....dont take this reply personal its just my observation...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"Cliff", that's how most of us came here in the beginning... in fact it's why Ultimate Rhoads was created!

I've nothing against .tk any longer, though.

I saw a thread about Ed and Randy wearing similar shoes... is that where you made your comments?

I must say that if you stop listening to Ed in 1982 when we stopped with Randy, he was phenomenal! Regardless of what kids these days think, Ed did things no one else did or did things in a way that no one else did. Even Randy saw him as a brilliant player (I refuse to believe what his brother and others have said since, I believe what he told interviewers himself). Unless you were around during the VH heyday from '78 - '83, you'll never understand the influence Ed had on rock music. Ed and Dave were responsible for everything we all love to remember about the '80's hair metal days.

Had Randy lived, he wouldn't be a legend because he would have gone back home to be a musician instead of a Rock Star... his star would have faded and we'd be talking about someone else now.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

You're making it out to be better than it was. It wasn't a simple "I mentioned EVH and got banned", it was more along the lines of "I said EVH sucked and can't play Dee even if he tried, Randy Rhoads is the number 1 guitarist, no one is better than him".

A ban seems a little much, but how could you have not seen it coming? You seemed stuck on the idea that "EVH couldn't play Dee even if he tried to, Dee is infinitely better than Eruption/Spanish Fly". That's fine that you think that, but people are going to have more "mature" views about things like that.

I'm not trying to offend you by saying that, but it seems pretty immature to say "So and so is the best because I like his music more. Everyone else sucks in comparison." You like Dimebag Darrell (Spelling?), what do you think HE would say about EVH? He practically worshiped the ground EVH walked on.

For anyone curious as to the thread, this is it. http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewto ... =5&t=13827
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Alex wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:What's next? Ban all the Republicans?
Would that be so bad? :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I read the thread in question and it didn't seem even an nth degree as bad as the fighting we do here :D

I do disagree with your opinion of Ed, though. Last night I listened to Van Halen: The Demography and was blown away by Ed's playing and the quantum leap from the demos to what Ted Templeman pulled out of the band for the first VH record. Think Randy made a leap from QR to Ozzy, listen to VH demos and VH records... it's really quite cool.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:"Cliff", that's how most of us came here in the beginning... in fact it's why Ultimate Rhoads was created!

I've nothing against .tk any longer, though.

I saw a thread about Ed and Randy wearing similar shoes... is that where you made your comments?

I must say that if you stop listening to Ed in 1982 when we stopped with Randy, he was phenomenal! Regardless of what kids these days think, Ed did things no one else did or did things in a way that no one else did. Even Randy saw him as a brilliant player (I refuse to believe what his brother and others have said since, I believe what he told interviewers himself). Unless you were around during the VH heyday from '78 - '83, you'll never understand the influence Ed had on rock music. Ed and Dave were responsible for everything we all love to remember about the '80's hair metal days.

Had Randy lived, he wouldn't be a legend because he would have gone back home to be a musician instead of a Rock Star... his star would have faded and we'd be talking about someone else now.
+1
I never heard of the demography stuff but evh was smokin in the club shows.He already sounded insane there.In fact to me evh was the best live in concert guitarist of all the legends.He actually sounds as amazing live as the studio recording.RR too me was just another ordinary player til ozzy.

RR's path would have mirrored evh,clapton,page etc after their prime-major suckage!
Remember,RR loved keyboards just like evh.We know how that turned out.Why cant this be love?need i say more?

cdr,rr tk is totally anal.dont sweat it.their loss not yours.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

You were banned? Wow. That seems a bit much. Is there possibly more to the story? IDK? Either way I guess I am just amazed. Well this place is a lot more open to any ideas.

Oh well.

Banning all republicans? I guess I better get ready then. Lol.
SpiralOut

Post by SpiralOut »

It was kinda crazy that thread but "Cliff" didn't deserve to be banned for it :?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i dont know maybe im the only one that was able to catch cliff's post that got him axed????cliff you should be more honest than trying to say you got booted for evh etc...dont you think?see heres the problem i got...you want sympathy for what you did and dont mention what you got booted for.. this is what happend straight from anthony... "What happened to him? For all the assumers, here’s what went down. He started a thread that you can read, then made some asinine comments-which is not unusual for him-and they were replied to by myself and several others. Okay, he comes back with a “I was tipsy, sorry for being a clown” statement. Okay, fine, all is well. He should have quit while he was ahead. Shortly after (more drinks or natural- IDK) he came right back and starts the same thing all over and throws in the “people are picking on poor me” card. More responses. Still no thoughts of “I gotta ban this guy for being a moron” came to mind. So on January 2nd, he makes his last stand and more horseshit (whatever, his asinine opinion doesn’t qualify for a ban imo) BUT he then goes into a tirade and says the board can go to Hell and to go ahead and ban him, blah, blah, blah. So guess what? Post deleted, account DEACTIVATED. He got WHAT HE ASKED FOR, though it is not a ban, as a switch can be pressed and the account could have been activated again. He was put into “chill mode” but he has now made it a perma-chill since he decided to tell tall tales.
It was NO surprise that he would resurface at and start spouting his “Poor me, I got banned for mentioning EVH” crap and try and attempt the sympathy card without mentioning critical info. I wish I would have bet money on it cause I’d have gotten a truckload of cash from anyone stupid enough to take that bet. So that is the whole story and truth of what happened. There is no alternate reality or other side of the story. MAYBE just ask him if he recalls that post and if he says he didn’t say that then he’s lying through his teeth. Not my job to have to deal with people with issues and drinking on top of that. Hissy fits and maturity levels of a 12 year old ain’t gonna cut it and asking for a ban personally will get a result. It is not a loss by the wildest stretch of the imagination. So for all that thought he got booted for no reason (besides asking to be) you now know the truth. End of story. Don’t be mislead (unless you wanna be and find it more entertaining than the truth of course! Haha)."
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

:lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I often wonder why anyone would attack at one site and then go to another and claim to have been attacked? I understand the frustration with tk in the past, but I don't think it is the same place it used to be. Between them and us, there has been a lot of good information about Randy Rhoads put forth.

Personal differences with other members shouldn't sour someone on any entire online community.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Color me not surprised that there was more to the story. I had a hunch.

Any way. Carry on.