Is anyone feeling Christmas yet?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is anyone feeling Christmas yet?

Post by skezza »

Is everyone Christmassy ? Or are there still a few who haven't quite got into the swing of it :P I must admit we got some decos up quite early (1st December) but I actually did my shopping earlier this year. Be organized :P :D

I haven't wrapped any of my presents though. No doubt I'll end up wrapping them on the 24th and shitting myself when I realize I've run out of paper!!!!

To be honest, I've spent most of advent at work (d'oh!) but I did get time to remaster my old Heavy Metal Christmas from 2 years ago. It's been fully re-recorded using only the original drum track!!!! It was loads of fun! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P91Ff0zHETE

I'm hoping to get the snow back onto UR this weekend if I get opportunity. I think we need to Christmas the place up :D!!!!
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Is anyone feeling Christmas yet?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Not really yet, but some snow at UR may help a bit!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Not really yet, but some snow at UR may help a bit!
That's what I was thinking :P :D we missed out last year!!
The Flying Dutchman

Yeah, hope you can fix it this time! 8)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Yeah, hope you can fix it this time! 8)
:D will do my best. Did you check out my extremely christmas video >:-D
The Flying Dutchman

Nope.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Joe don't bother with the Christmas wrapping paper on my present. It'll be drunk by boxing day A bottle of Jack or Makers Mark will do me. It's the shape of them ...pointless wrapping them.
All the best to everyone here and have a Cool Christmas... :wink:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Joe, nice video you got me in the mood! Christmas seems kind of crap these days, there are no where near as many decorations as there used to be when I was a kid. Maybe its health and safety or the political correctness camp having a bitch and moan, I don't know, but it sucks!!!

Christmas these days is just about buying things... I miss the pantomime and fantasy. Give me a winter wonderland damn it! Maybe I'm just a big kid :oops:

Btw what guitar was that?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex,

What's going on in Sweden, flooding? Just looking up the news... I guess the storms that have hit Scotland recently are the same ones?!

Huh, just ended up learning about St Lucia Day after it popped up in a weather report. Amazing where the internet will take you... so, uh happy St Lucia Day! :lol: You learn something every day.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So, here's my Christmas season... I FINALLY got a job just before Thanksgiving, worked 2 weeks and my back gave out... couldn't work due to pain, had an MRI that said, "Multi-level disc degeneration" and the doc says I probably need a different job! Went in today to tell my boss who chose to NOT fire me but work around my injury and find a way to keep me employed!

So NOW I'm in the Christmas spirit... the tree is up, the lights are on the house, the decorations are up... we're watching Christmas movies everyday... this is the first year I actually feel Christmas in ages :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

There is one radio station I rarely listen to but is playing Christmas music only. That's as close as I've come so far. My mom and dad might have sold their home after 2 years of trying. I started a thread last May about it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4341

If all goes well they'll finally be able to put their financial things in order after the 29th of December. For that, I am extremely grateful. :)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Is Anyone Feeling Christmas Yet?

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Joe, I loved the video - it was fun and also really well played and put together! And yes - I am feeling very full of festive spirit :) Aside from some Christmas recitals (one tonight) which I always thoroughly enjoy; this week's news has made Christmas for Suzie and I.

A close friend (and member here), Logan, had an op 5 days ago to remove three tumors around his heart. We were very worried...and spoke on skype the night before just 'incase' he didn't make it :(
The great news is he is not only that he is recovering now, but the tumors weren't actually cancerous - so touch wood; he can now recover and get his life back; so brilliantly news! Also my wife found out she got a merit in her Masters degree in autism from the University of Birmingham on Thursday's graduation ceremony. So we have all been celebrating and just looking forward to Christmas even more :mrgreen:

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

It's nice to hear some good news from everyone in these troubled times!

Unfortunately I have some less good news; my grandparents were robbed last week :x , but regardless my family are looking forward to Christmas. Being that it's only a week away I'm really starting to get in the mood. I still want more decorations though!!! I recently had an argument with my parents over the size of the Christmas tree! "It must be bigger! Bigger I tell you!" :P

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.