Occupy Wall Street

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:Yet in America, Obama condones violence against protestors!!!
Why must it always be the President's fault?

Obama is at the mercy of the Congress. The Congress make laws in exchange for $$$$ from big business. Big business is the 1% who want the movement crushed. The police, unfortunately, know where their bread is buttered and a lot of them do the wrong thing.

Has Obama actually said, "Beat the protesters," or "Use any violent means necessary to crush them"?
Barack Obama wrote:For a lot of the folks who have been in New York and all across the country in the Occupy movement, there is a profound sense of frustration about the fact that the essence of the American dream, which is if you work hard, if you stick to it that, you can make it, feels like that’s slipping away. And that’s not the way things are supposed to be. Not here. Not in America. We are not going to have an America in which only a sliver of folks have opportunity. We’re going to have an America where everybody has opportunity. And it’s going to take time.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
oth wrote:Yet in America, Obama condones violence against protestors!!!
Why must it always be the President's fault?

Obama is at the mercy of the Congress. The Congress make laws in exchange for $$$$ from big business. Big business is the 1% who want the movement crushed. The police, unfortunately, know where their bread is buttered and a lot of them do the wrong thing.

Has Obama actually said, "Beat the protesters," or "Use any violent means necessary to crush them"?
Barack Obama wrote:For a lot of the folks who have been in New York and all across the country in the Occupy movement, there is a profound sense of frustration about the fact that the essence of the American dream, which is if you work hard, if you stick to it that, you can make it, feels like that’s slipping away. And that’s not the way things are supposed to be. Not here. Not in America. We are not going to have an America in which only a sliver of folks have opportunity. We’re going to have an America where everybody has opportunity. And it’s going to take time.

If obama wont say anything about OWS protestors or support them because of big business why does he support protestors in the mideast?Libya and Iran have lots of oil business.
But being held hostage by business to not state an opinion here is exactly not why obama was elected.'He was to supposed to 'Change' the status quo.He was given a mandate to be different to take a diff tact. and he campaigned on it.He has turned his back on much of his rhetoric.Meet the new boss,same as the old boss.We did get fooled again!He is spineless and timid.I had hope but not anymore.
Both parties suck equally.I used to think Dems were truly behind people but now i know they are a money sucking machine.Hillary Clinton is a huge shareholder of walmart and is on their board.Walmart- the worst violator of employee laws and anti-made in america company!Its all about greed.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

For most of the 20th century,the standard of living of Americans rose thanks in huge part to UNIONS who fought for better wages,benefits for workers etc.For the last 30yrs the 1% have been fighting to repeal all the benefits for workers and have succeeded.Min, wage now is 50% below 1968 levels adj for inflation!Life expectancy for the first time in hundreds of yrs is going down!48 million live below poverty now!NiceDots i have never been to korea but if they have healthcare i say they are more 1% than the usa.My health insurance sucks.I have been to europe and they are way more 1% than we are.There are many countries around the world that are more 1% than the usa.The usa is in a race to the bottom and winning that race!
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

oth wrote:Both parties suck equally
So true...a lot of times I can only vote for "Who Will Suck Less." Republicans have really got me spooked this time around. Perry is the governor of my state and every day there seems to be a new viral video of him. I'm like shut the F*$%K up!! Please!!
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
yingxuy

Post by yingxuy »

They also talk about being green, but built on sand (destroy) a large mansion, and Fei Lier jets.I know that the first hand.So political stripes making a billionaire of how they treat everyone below them there is no difference .