Aleister Wild Guitarist Terry Span Dies After Being Punched

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Aleister Wild Guitarist Terry Span Dies After Being Punched

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Some tragic news coming out of Colorado Springs, where guitarist Terry Span of the band Aleister Wild has died a few weeks after suffering injuries in a fight that involved his own bandmates.

Span was apparently trying to break up a fight between between his bandmates, singer Ernest Munoz and bassist Michael Sorden. However, Sorden punched Span, who went down to the ground immediately.

“The next thing I know, I see Mike hitting him and Terry falls down like dead weight,” Munoz said in an article in Colorado Springs’ The Gazette. “Blood spattered on my arms and I knew there was something really serious about this.”

Munoz, who was also punched in the face by Sorden that night, continued, “[Sorden] went down on his knees and started crying and begging for [Span] to get up,.”

Span had been clinging to life in a coma for the past couple of weeks before succumbing to his injuries yesterday (Oct. 20).

Sorden is facing charges of second degree assault, and was being held at a county jail.

The band Aleister Wild at one point featured basssist Kelly Garni of Quiet Riot and keyboardist Kelle Rhoads, who is the brother of late Ozzy Osbourne / Quiet Riot guitarist Randy Rhoads.

Span’s death was reported via an email from his brother Ray, who wrote, “I love you Terry. I know that you are already jamming with Randy [Rhoads] — your lifelong dream. My brother will live on in all of us.”

I just wanted to mention this since there is a tie to Randy.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: Aleister Wild Guitarist Terry Span Dies After Being Punc

Post by rice_pudding »

That's a terribly sad bit of news. This is why I never turn to violence. I can't imagine how Sorden feels. One mistake and your life is ruined.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Aleister Wild Guitarist Terry Span Dies After Being Punc

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I had a long talk with my 10-year-old about this. He's big time into Rey Mysterio and the WWE wrestling world... I'm trying to get him to understand that WWE is NOT real and as sad as it is, a story like this one is a good way for me to explain real world fighting and violence to him.

Fortunately he dwells on things and this story has struck him deeply. If Terry Span's death can convince even on kid to avoid violence, it won't have been in vain.