Boddingtons

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Boddingtons

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, so I bought a 4 pack of Boddingtons at Safeway tonight... I actually bought it because I remember an old episode of FRIENDS when Joey said he'd "walk back to London for one of those bad boys..."

So I'd like a Brit's opinion of Boddingtons... I must mention that I'm drinking it with Bulleit Bourbon... I think it's good, but I prefer Dick's :D

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Re: Boddingtons

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:but I prefer Dick's :D
That's cool. I don't judge.

:lol:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Boddingtons is ok! but here we favour Belgian beer although I like spanish beer more. I am not a lover of British beers but we do have a long history of brewing and at one time every town have several brewers.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i can see your problem you should be drinking 'The One and Only' Newcastle Brown ale. Boddingtons is milk stout for old women get a proper drink onto your lips.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:...get a proper drink onto your lips.
What, no Dick's reference?

After a couple of the Boddington's - which I really didn't care for - I switched to Dos Equis, but the whiskey kicked my ass!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cryptic Night wrote:

Gee, thanks :lol:

I had to mention Dick's, it's a great beer and it's brewed a mile from my home!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I've only had a Boddington's once, that was about ten years ago. It was ok, nothing special, I think the brand was much more prevalent back then if I remember correct, but has since waned (feel free to correct me fellow brits?!). That might explain the friends reference.

First and foremost I'm a whiskey drinker, when it comes to beer I have to go with German and Japanese brews for the win. I think of Britain as more of an ale producer these days, like the mighty Newcastle brown or stuff like Spitfire. We also make amazing cider, I spent many a night with a large bottle of Old Rascal... ahhhh... want to go down the pub now!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Dos Equis didn't cut it for me either... it's good when I'm at a Mexican restaurant with a shot or two of tequila, but for just drinking, I didn't care for it.

I'll have to look for the Newcastle.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:

Gee, thanks :lol:

I had to mention Dick's, it's a great beer and it's brewed a mile from my home!
Haha, I have my own little "Dick's" reference near my home.

There's a burger joint near my home that makes really cheap burgers, and it's called Dick's. My bandmate and I try to go to Dick's as often as we can because we "love the taste of Dick's in our mouths" :lol:

We get some laughs out of it, because it's just a funny name for a burger joint.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cryptic Night where do you live? Dick's burgers are a Seattle institution... Dick's beer is brewed down I-5 in Centralia, WA.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I live near Spokane, Washington. There's a place there called Dick's, and from what I understand, it's not related to the chain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Drive-In
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cryptic Night wrote:I live near Spokane, Washington. There's a place there called Dick's, and from what I understand, it's not related to the chain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick's_Drive-In
Interesting... I used to go to Church with Dick Spady - the namesake of the drive in - used to go to his house at the lake once a year... small world.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

so every male in Washingto state likes Dicks! what you do in your private life is your business and I do not judge!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Trigger wrote:so every male in Washingto state likes Dicks! what you do in your private life is your business and I do not judge!
Don't knock it til you try it. :lol:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Interesting... I used to go to Church with Dick Spady - the namesake of the drive in - used to go to his house at the lake once a year... small world.
Wow, that's awesome! I'm jealous :P
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:so every male in Washington state likes Dicks! what you do in your private life is your business and I do not judge!

You're jealous and you know it... you'd love our Dick's Ian!