5%
Stadium
32%

Total votes: 22

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Worse guitar brand?

Post by Axeman1956 »

Y'know, I been wondering what guitar brands the Rhoads fans hate the most... I may include this in a future video too so I wanna get the most votes as possible... lol
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: Worse guitar brand?

Post by Axeman1956 »

Honestly, I think Stadiums are the worse. My friend has one. It's a Stratocaster and it blows... The input strips the cable, it smells funny, and it goes out of tune constantly... They don'y even have a website that sells their stuff.. Notice the Jackson Rhoads Concorde they got lol... http://www.stadiumguitars.com/
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

That guitar looks almost exactly like a Douglas SR-1 White

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1733.html

I have a Douglas SR-1 Black, and (the black one is cheaper) for $140 I think it's fairly decent for the money.

In my opinion, the worst brand would be Squire. They seem to make pretty low cost guitars and charge a lot for them, or they're just really low quality.

Never played one I liked. Though, I'm biased because I don't like Fender very much either.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Cryptic Night wrote:That guitar looks almost exactly like a Douglas SR-1 White

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1733.html

I have a Douglas SR-1 Black, and (the black one is cheaper) for $140 I think it's fairly decent for the money.

In my opinion, the worst brand would be Squire. They seem to make pretty low cost guitars and charge a lot for them, or they're just really low quality.

Never played one I liked. Though, I'm biased because I don't like Fender very much either.
I understand your choice, but, aside from the Fender I have, I have a Squier Strat as well. I bought one when I had some money from my job. I got to say, It is a very nice guitar. It works great, sounds quite well and hasn't broke. Set up is easy, doesn't detune... Got to say, it is surprisingly good. My Fender doesn't even work as well.. (Electronics fried sometime a few months ago).... Plus, price is comparison is ridiculous.. 600 for a Squier and 1,500 for the cheapest Fender....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Of the choices listed, I chose Squire. I have a 3/4 strat I got for the kids years ago and the tuners SUCK. Other than that, it's a good little guitar.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Not familiar with Stadium. However I am familiar with Squire and Epiphone. Squire are garbage. And Epiphone is good for what it is, but I am not a fan and I could never own one. I don't like how they play. They feel cheap to me.

All of the rest of the companies on the list offer some really nice guitars in their product line.

Note: I am not much of an import guy. Expect I like ESP, Schecter, and Ibanez.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ibanez and Schecter make some very quality instruments.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

This is a hard one to answer. Considering the recent flux in the industry any opinion is one that's subject to change.

With the shifting of production bases across asia not to mention design methodology, its a tad hard to pin a tail on the loosers. For example I have an Epiphone LP a 2005 model built in Unsung Korea. That particular factory was highly regarded and I can attest that the guitar is brilliant ans has never let me down after all these years, having changed al the electrics over the years I would put it up against cheaper Gibson's no problem... But a couple of years after my guitar was made production shifted out to china to save costs, these days Epiphone seem to be back in the ball park of widely varying production quality, and worse they seem to have raised in price ahead of inflation like many other brands...

As for the other brands listed, I have to say I've never heard of Stadium. Squire are good, they need more transparency concerning exactly which woods different models use, but do proper research and you get what you pay for. The tuners however are an issue.

Ibanez and Jackson; Japanese guitars are as good as anything so, yeah, they're good in my experience. ESP and Dean; no opinion.

Fender; great production standard these days, but I've still never played one I really like.

Gibson; Inconsistent. Trying too hard?

Of the listed brands I actually pick Gibson as the worse, bet you didn't expect that.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
RRFAN123456789

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

My choice isn't up there, but it is First Act. It's like a neck, and strings hot glued to a piece of plywood.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am not a guitarist so I can't choose, but is it possible that the worst guitars could be the most expensive one. Not because they are crappy but because they are over priced leaving cheaper companiies being able to provide quality guitars for everyone.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I already shared an opinion about what I think is not very good. But I want to tell you guys about the new Ibanez models that are out. Mainly the 25th ann RG models.
I really got to give to Ibanez, these models are awesome. They now take my top pick for bang for the buck. I think they play and sound just as nice as the Japanese models. From what I understand is that the folks that work in Japan went to Indonesia and helped train the workers down there and some of them stayed. The quality is top notch and they feel really nice. I would encourage you guys to go check them out. I think most of you will like them.
As an FYI Schecter and ESP used to hold the "Bang for the buck" honor. Any way carry on.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Danny, the bass I picked up is the very lowest end of what Ibanez offers. It's the GSR200 and it plays and sounds great... I'd definitely by Ibanez again.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

dannyahansen wrote:
As an FYI Schecter and ESP used to hold the "Bang for the buck" honor.
So, who did they pass on the torch too? 8)
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Stiltzkin wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:
As an FYI Schecter and ESP used to hold the "Bang for the buck" honor.
So, who did they pass on the torch too? 8)
Um. Lol. Well, "They" is me and it is just my lowly semi-professional opinion. Ibanez. Good times.

Also the low end Ibanez stuff is bread and butter goodness. I sold lots of that stuff wile working at Guitar center.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whats the ibanez model dave murray and adrian smith used when they played hammersmith 82?also the hamer looks just like it?i love the width of the neck on those!!!!!