How did you find UR/TK?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

How did you find UR/TK?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This may have a thread already, but I'm too lazy to look!

I'm wondering how you found your way to UR and if it was through TK, how did you find your way there?

For me, I was looking for online guitar teachers back in 2003 and came across Des Sherwood's site which had a link to TK. Back then every day was yielding something new in the form of boots or pictures or info... I came to UR when Joe started this place after a number of us had our falling out with TK (ancient history, don't ask).

After seeing the How Old thread again the other day, I realized I've been here a LONG time - since March 20, 2006 @ 3:19 am to be exact. I didn't realize I've been with this community (UR & TK) for eight years already!

So, how did you get here?
Alex
Mass Poster

Re: How did you find UR/TK?

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

June 11, 2007 Is apparently when I joined up. I honestly don't remember how I found this site. I know that it was through RR though (obvious really :lol: ), probably just stumbled upon this site by accident. I'm pretty sure i discovered UR before TK, although I found them both around the same time.

I know I was a lurker for like 6 months though. I didn't join up straight away because the internet connection i had was so shit it used to take at least 30 seconds to open a page. Which feels like an eternity if you are trying to communicate!

And now here we are, damn where does the time go.

So thats my story and that will cost you all $1 :mrgreen:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

I have been a member of TK since Oct. 2004, I discovered them by doing a Google search of Randy Rhoads and lurked there probably 4 or 5 months before joining. I have been a member here since June 2010 and actually come here more now than TK because it seems to be kind of quiet around there for some reason??? But, I do love both sites and enjoy reading what everyone has to offer ,whether it is something about Randy or something serious or funny! I enjoy being here or there. I don't always chime in or post much but it doesn't matter, I'll always be a fan of Randy Rhoads and that's what brought everyone like you and me to these places! Even if my wife doesn't understand how I could be SO obsessed with a guitar player who has been gone for 29 yrs. She never will??? But, I know that ALL of You are here for support! :wink:

Hi, my name is Scott and I'm addicted to um........ Randy Rhoads :lol: 8)

Rock on!!!!
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

I got a phone in november 2007 that could go on the interweb so i found tk looking for bootlegs and got alot off there but i did get one or two off here i belive, i had been checking on a mates laptop(a crap one) daily on there since feb to find out about the 'randy rhoads film', its weird to think my life has changed so much since those days.

Then 2010 came around and in june (the day before i joined here) i found out about this video of ozzy randy that was to come out, i cant believe i hadnt been on a ozzy or randy site for seven months before that...

Rambling over im here to stay now.
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

I don't remember when I found .tk. It was probably between 05 and 07- I've forgotten my login info there. I was only 15 or 16 when I first started visiting the boards (I only went to .tk for the longest time).
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Around 2006 was searching for randy rhoads and came accross tk. Registered for a bit their then recently came here after realising their was this forum. Liked the look of this one better so joined and with all the excitement of the footage posted a lot more.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

A Google search on Randy Rhoads...I just started working my way down the page, which had Randy Perry's site, Darin's, the Japanese RR Club, and I either found TK there, or one of the aforementioned pages had a link for it, I joined up with them in '05 after lurking for a year or so and found this joint shortly thereafter.
The community more or less rekindled my appreciation for him, as the memoribilia I have was packed away when I left to serve overseas in '87.
I was a late bloomer with the internet and didn't realize places like forums/message boards even existed until about '03-'04. Now I belong to several pertaining to the hard rock of my youth, classic horror films and gothic/fantasy art. :D

~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I actually looked up Randy fan sites and picked this one first. Best choice I ever made.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Found Des Sherwood's website after typing Randy Rhoads, he directed me to TK, went on there, thought it was good, but felt oppressive with the sly remarks that would pop up now and again, got directed to go UR by a few members who were members of both TK and UR, and here I am, a ghost beit recently, but was quite active back in the day lol i sound old.. :P

Simon
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Like Paul, I found .tk ages ago. I believe I signed up in December of '02 or '03. I do include myself in the group that Paul mentioned (the group that left .tk for whatever reason) and wound up here instead. This place is very laid-back and there are a handful of people on here that I'm happy to still know.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I found TK first. I have no Idea how I did. I swear I saw a link to this site on guitars101. But Joe and I could not find it back in the day. I lurk mostly on both sites. There has just been way to much drama over the years. I used to post more. Oh well. Good times thinking of 2006. Things were so much funner then.
hide

Post by hide »

TK: Google.
UR: ..Skezza invited me?