My has the time gone!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

My has the time gone!

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Members have been telling me to get back to UR, I would talk more then, but didn't know what to write but now I do, I graduate in November, but of course I have left my mark at my university :P Well, I was told I had to show my final year films but present them in a better way than just having the films on show on loop on a screen, so being told "do what you want providing it's not a fire hazzard" yeah, I took it liteary. My tutors and the AV tech guys were horrified to see that I had turned their final cut edit suite into a living room.

I think I left my impression, but sadly had to be taken down last week. But hey, whatya think?

As I said earlier, I graduate in November, eek, :shock: all those three years now gone but not forgotten :P I have enjoyed my time here and is looking forward to wearing my green and silver sash with my black gown and graduation cap, I've made friends at university, lost some (to be honest, out of a realisation that they weren't friends) and made some more, made some unforgettable friends towards the end, met some awesome people both famous and not, worked with a fine crew, learned a lot and of course made some films!

Is it the end, my friend?
Simon's coming 'round the bend
People running 'cause they're scared
The people better go and beware!
No, no, please, no! :lol:

Simon
Attachments
DSCF0522.JPG
DSCF0523.JPG
DSCF0517.JPG
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: My has the time gone!

Post by rice_pudding »

Hey Simon,

Pretty strange when uni ends isn't it? It takes up a huge part of your life, but once its over it seems like it only lasted a blink of an eye. It's sort of scary how quickly life can sweep by, i still can't really believe that i'm 22, maybe because I have an odd lifestyle!?

Welcome to the real world! Hopefully you will keep in touch with some great friends, if not, don't worry its just a new beginning!

Are you going to be pursuing film/media work?

And btw, all editing suites should have sofa's... mine does :P

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Hi Rob

Good to hear from you, yes it is strange, feels more strange when I had made more friends in the final semester of uni than the whole time being there because of hanging with the wrong crowd (which I broke out of *phew*) but now, lately feels more strange when one of my tutors, a close friend and mentor, died last sunday, he helped encourage me during my dissertation and even though I was petrified of it, he helped me see that I do have a unique perspective on the dissertaton.

I will be persuing film/media work but in the meantime I have set up my own multimedia company, that deals in photography mainly, www.takeapebbleproductions.co.uk just hope that will see me by, while I offer film workshops that will lead me into some funds to make a film. Gunna be a rebel without a crew some point lol :P

Simon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sorry for your loss, Simon.
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Thanks Paul, I won't be corny by saying he was a good man, but it is the truth, he helped me through my coursework and fears in year one and again as my dissertation asseser, he helped encourage me and was kind enough to give me film posters and old 35mm film trailers that the cinema he worked at was chucking out. He also provided me with a window of oppertunity to get a film of mine shown on cinema, sadly he died before it happened but I have my contact there and they know of my intentions.

I paid tribute to him also, by in our recent cut of a film we are sending to festivals we (the senior members of the crew, myself as director, assistant director, producer and our editor) decided to put "In memory of" his name, and the years he was born and died.

Simon
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

It is awesome that you have stuck it out, and enjoyed yourself at the same time. You are right time has flown it seems like just last year that you started that gig. The ugly world and all its permutations await you, go add some colour to it.