Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

AC/DC LET THERE BE ROCK DVD!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tito »

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: AC/DC LET THERE BE ROCK DVD!!!!!!!!!

Post by whoopiecat »

You and me both, T! I meant to post about that and completely brain-farted, thanks! Man, I haven't seen this one in forever...my older brother had this on VHS and wore it out.
I had researched it a couple of months ago, only to discover it was finally getting a DVD release and had been out of print for many years.
AC/DC is one of those bands who have done a great job by the fans in releasing what they have from the vaults, in audio and video.
The only other concert video I'd like to see from them is the show from BIB or FTATR tour. I remeber the live promo clips that MTV used to air...not sure if they were all from the same show or not.
This'll be great, as much as I love the Donnington vid, it's not Phil on the drums. Nothing against Chris Slade, as he's excellent, but, you know what I mean.
When Malcolm, Phil and Cliff lock in, look the fuck out! :twisted:

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

hell yeah phil is a human fuckin metronome!!!!!!and live hes the same!!!!!!!i got the vhs too that bitch still works!!!!!!!the sound was fixed up on this cuz the guitars were weak in the original....btw fly to the rainbow worked perfect havent gone through the rest but i will soon!!!!thank you again my brother!!!!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

You're quite welcome, and I'm glad to hear that burned disc came out fine. I can't believe your VHS copy still works! That bitch is almost thirty! :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

im pushin 39 june 7th!!!!!!!!!!ill play the numbers again wedesday im feelin lucky bro!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I totally forgot this was out yesterday! Did you score one yet, Tito?
I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow...a few positive reviews on amazon, none too specific yet, but they seem pleased with the audio/video so far.

http://www.amazon.com/AC-DC-There-Limit ... Descending
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

na i havent got one....thanks for the link brother!!!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow! Outstanding job! The transfer looks great, no more synch problems and the guitars are up with everything else...I took a pass on the bonus features edition and just got the basic DVD. Newbury had it for $9.99.
Anyone looking to add this to their library should be pleased.
We are very fortunate someone chose to film a full concert of the original band. Nothing against Brian, but Bon was fucking stellar!

~T.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Eh mind if I chime in here? I still have a VHS copy of Let There Be Rock, um and it works. Picture quality is not perfect I must have watched it a thousand times. Oh man I can remember the first couple viewings, downing Stienlargers, ear bleeding volume. I love the Bon Scott error ACDC, Bon’s voice, no one better.

I will be grabbing this DVD for sure.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Chime in, by all means, Shawn! I'm suprised this conversation has between only Tito and I thus far.
I tend to listen to the Bon-era more as well. There was more an aura of danger about them. Bon was like someone recently paroled with a gang of neighborhood hooligans backing him up.
I love the poster on the door of the venue...with Judas Priest supporting, if I'm reading that right.
It's cool how the first 10-15 minutes of the movie is focused on the road crew. The only time I've seen a band give a nod to their crew was when the Allman Bros had a picture of their roadies on the back of the Fillmore East album. 8)
Great stuff!

~T.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

bon looked like the sweetest guy but if you pissed him off he looked like he'd bite your ear off!!!!!!!!!!