Conspiracies - Discuss any conspiracy theories that you like

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Conspiracies - Discuss any conspiracy theories that you like

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

This is a follow on to the Bin Laden thread which has gotten so developed I have made this one to discuss mainly other conspiracies. Please, as usual no personal attacks and if things get heated go to private messaging and sort out - it is after all a bit of fun/the internet :)

I would like to start the thread off with a video from Gary McKenna the English UFO enthusiast and computer hacker who is currently fighting extradition to the United States for infiltrating their security (which as you will hear was incredibly basic for such an 'important' area of secrecy)

Now the conspiracy theory side of things here is that while the majority of UFO reports etc may be either bogus or mistaken identity Gary claims to have found evidence of advanced alien technology inside these files. He also refers to the disclosure project, an organisation of Doctors, scientists and other employees who are former workers for places like NASA and the American Government.

Here is the link to disclosure project
http://www.disclosureproject.org/

and here is Gary's video interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pIqKMgC ... re=related
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: Conspiracies - Discuss any conspiracy theories that you

Post by rice_pudding »

Hey Matt,

I'm roughly familiar with both the Gary McKenna case and the disclosure project.

As I remember Mckenna mentioned two things. Firstly, a large volume of files which evidenced NASA photo-shoping images of UFO's. Secondly, a personnel list for a military space pro gramme/ship/station; Gary admitted he wasn't sure what it was and wasn't interested at the time. Accusations of the USA militarizing space would be more than enough for the yanks to want to bury Gary. As for the Photoshop files, who knows? The source (astronauts cameras/ joe public etc) of the images and their intended destination are both enigmas. They merely add fuel to the fire that NASA manipulate their images, which has held sway as an adage for years among many groups.

As for the disclosure project, its something of a revelation. I think it's pretty damning evidence in itself that the US government is aware of UFO's and has a vested interest in them whatever they are. There have been some other interesting people come out in recent years.

The reason both the above are compelling is that its very hard to discount/discredit them, unless you "move the ball posts" just like these theorists are always accused. I would even say that the only reason a level headed person would try to discredit them is because they contrast so sharply with other evidence, eg 'Evidence against' (If anyone wants clarification on exactly what i mean i can think of a couple of good examples)

What do you think of the disclosure project and Gary, Matt?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

LMAO

just noticed we have a guest at UR.

"Majestic-12 [Bot]"

Is this some more conspiracy theorists come to share stories and tinfoil hats, or has the real MJ12 come to take us all off to the funny farm! No ET influenced anal probes please :shock: :lol:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Mr Pudding

To risk contradicting myself completely!! I am actually veering into being a conspiracy theorist myself when it comes to this LMAO... As hard as I try, I cannot believe that of the 400 or so people involved in the disclosure project, that they are all barking and deluded. Maybe a lot are, maybe there are lots of 'hangers on'/people that are getting swept away with fantasy etc, but even if that were the case, I cannot believe that there aren't at least a small portion that are completely solid and reliable.

These are doctors and people who held very senior posts in Nasa!! Also re Gary, I feel to fight his extradition he is being told to use mental illness in the family and being on the AS spectrum not as mitigation, but to like Alex said, discredit himself, so that what ever he says looks like the fantasy of a nutcase.
I believe every word Gary says, or at least I believe he has reported back exactly what he thinks he saw. I am just not sure what he saw was what he thinks and my mind boggles all over again. I need a glass of wine and my guitar!!!

Rob you rock

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I see some simularities between OBL & Oswald.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote: To risk contradicting myself completely!! I am actually veering into being a conspiracy theorist myself when it comes to this LMAO... As hard as I try, I cannot believe that of the 400 or so people involved in the disclosure project, that they are all barking and deluded. Maybe a lot are, maybe there are lots of 'hangers on'/people that are getting swept away with fantasy etc, but even if that were the case, I cannot believe that there aren't at least a small portion that are completely solid and reliable.
Yeah, to be honest you can't say they're nuts because what they are saying is so mundane! Most of them only had small stories to tell. I remember an ex-military radar operator who claimed he was told not to log any UFO's on his screen and report them in person to his CO instead. There is nothing remotely crazy about a statement like that, so its hard not to believe.

The disclosure projects motives also set them aside. They are concerned with forcing the government to roll out new technologies that could solve the current energy crisis.

As for Gary, he comes across as a very down to earth guy. I remember an interview with him calmly sipping a pint! If he was lying, why not tell a bigger lie and talk to the worlds media? A little story about a handful of documents is hardly the proof he wanted nor will it save his ass from life in prison.

---------------------------------

Matt, Have you heard of the Norweian UFO last year?
Hundreds of eye witnesses reported seeing the mystery 'thing'. The images don't do it justice, watch the short video and just look at the way that thing moves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKL0Z5TDZ0o

There has been no official explanation for what it is beyond vague reports it was a Russian missile that went out of control. The only problem is that the official explanation makes no sense. Basic geography shows that the UFO was in a totally different location to the missile. I have no idea what it is beyond being an unidentified, flying object. But the symbolism scares me and it is both the most amazing and terrifying thing i have seen in a long time.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

rice_pudding wrote: Yeah, to be honest you can't say they're nuts because what they are saying is so mundane! Most of them only had small stories to tell. I remember an ex-military radar operator who claimed he was told not to log any UFO's on his screen and report them in person to his CO instead. There is nothing remotely crazy about a statement like that, so its hard not to believe.
That is true, but then there are stories by the bigger name people involved who claim to have been teleported in secret experiments, a few say that they saw an alien craft on the umpteenth floor below of area 51 and it was made up of an organic type skin... there were no controls, as it was run by telepathy!! Also the guy in charge of it all Dr Stephen Greer, says there that when he was working for NASA that there were over 50 types of aliens identified by Nasa, that life (as in intelligent life) exists on Mars and the planet isn't really red but NASA doctors all pictures to make them how they wish us to see them...

Now that is quite a lot to digest, even for the most open minded reader!
rice_pudding wrote:As for Gary, he comes across as a very down to earth guy. I remember an interview with him calmly sipping a pint! If he was lying, why not tell a bigger lie and talk to the worlds media? A little story about a handful of documents is hardly the proof he wanted nor will it save his ass from life in prison.
I completely agree, he has reported back what he saw and I don't doubt his integrity and honesty a tall - By the way Rob, the youtube clip is just amazing. What the hell was that!

Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

That spiral looks like some huge light projected on the sky. Look at the light surrounding the spiral and then coming off it. Can you tell im a skeptic. There does not seem to be any decent evidence to support aliens or ghosts for that matter.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

That is wild!!! It doesn't appear to be projected though, because light typically travels in a straight path, but this thing appears curved. Freaky stuff!
Ric

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Axian wrote:That spiral looks like some huge light projected on the sky. Look at the light surrounding the spiral and then coming off it. Can you tell im a skeptic. There does not seem to be any decent evidence to support aliens or ghosts for that matter.
I respect your opinion but can't we all agree that its a UFO? There is no evidence to suggest it is alien, there is no evidence to suggest it is projected. It is unidentified...

Not intending to attack you in any way, but you just demonstrated what i suggested in the Bin Laden thread; People leaning towards an opinion that satisfies their own beliefs in the wake of inconclusive evidence, something I fear we are all guilty of.

But you are a skeptic, and thats fine with me :)

For my part i can only speculate on what it is. I expect that at some point, someone might come up with an explanation that it was projected through a polarizing filter so that the light was invisible until it reflected off the clouds, leaving no trace of a beam. This is the sort of half assed science that would satisfy most people. But for someone to have such a big light running unnoticed, fabricate a polarizer that large (i've never heard of one much larger than 4x4"), and for light to conveniently defy science (it would still be visible from many angles), well the chances... its just as likely Chuck Norris is responsible in some way!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote: Stephen Greer, says there that when he was working for NASA that there were over 50 types of aliens identified by Nasa, that life (as in intelligent life) exists on Mars and the planet isn't really red but NASA doctors all pictures to make them how they wish us to see them...

Now that is quite a lot to digest, even for the most open minded reader!
Well you are a skeptic, thats only natural. The possibility that there may be one or two species of alien out there is much more likely than 50! But if there were a conspiracy and the cat got let out the bag, who's to say how big the cat is? :lol: If we believe the military captured one UFO, in reality it becomes just as likely that they captured two, three or a dozen.

The universe may be more cosmopolitan than we would naturally think. Say you and me walk sheepishly into a bar one day packed with our new neighbors, the scene might play out like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAGfC0Kt ... re=related

LMAO food for thought!
By the way Rob, the youtube clip is just amazing. What the hell was that!
Well beyond telling you i don't know. The most likely thing i can come up with is that its a warning or that Russian missiles know how to defy geography :lol:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

By the way Rob, have you seen the film K Pax with Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. It is one of my favourite is he/isn't he type of films. The film sways between Robert being san an alien and/or a man that has suffered a serious trauma.

I was going to put Contact or the last three episodes of Star Trek next Generation season 4...but I may go for this!!

Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Fascinating stuff for sure, but IF Einstein was right the chance we will ever get in touch with 'ET' will be very small, lets say about zero......

Little example:
If the sun would be an orange in Amsterdam the next closest star would be an orange in say Moscow. One would have to travel 4,22 years with the speed of light to come there.........
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Fascinating stuff for sure, but IF Einstein was right the chance we will ever get in touch with 'ET' will be very small, lets say about zero......

Little example:
If the sun would be an orange in Amsterdam the next closest star would be an orange in say Moscow. One would have to travel 4,22 years with the speed of light to come there.........
Yeh I dont believe aliens have visited us yet but I do believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe. Did any guys from the uk see the brian cox wonders of the solar system? The last episode focused on alien life and specifically talked about Europa and titan. Titan has an atmosphere of methane with methane rivers on its surface. Scientists believe some form of life is POSSIBLE on this planet. Also Europa (a moon of Jupiter) has polar ice caps on its surface that are constantly shifting. Scientists believe that its possible life could exist under the surface as it has a large sub suface ocean. I think these are more probable realistic opportunities of us discovering life that does not exist on our planet rather than having some ET spaceship arrive in our planets atmosphere not to mention taking into accounts the elements of the periodic table.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Axian

Yes, I loved it! I want to get the new series on DVD. Professor Cox has a rare gift of being able to really communicate his information in an easy to understand way, without 'dumbing' down the subject!

Worm holes or the ability to make worm holes, seems the most feasible way of travelling thousands of light years in relatively little time. There was a Dr from a London University who thinks we will make contact within the best 50 years.
I think the problem is how people would respond to having their mind opened so much. Carl Sagan's story 'Contact' is quite right in suggesting the certain types of people simply wouldn't be able to handle any alien contact.

As with Carl Sagan I love the way Brian Cox talks about science so poetically too. I wished science had been that exciting at School!

Matt