Conspiracies - Discuss any conspiracy theories that you like

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axian
Cool Member

Re: Conspiracies - Discuss any conspiracy theories that you

Post by Axian »

Ive seen his new series "wonders of the universe" where he talks about how the universe began and how stars work etc and it was really interesting,. I preferred the first series because it was more closer to home talking about the different planets. I remember a part where he talks about a star ( caint remember the name ) that was projecting light that we can see today from an explosion that occurred before man ever existed, yes thats how far away it was LOL. really enjoyed it.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

It is certainly fascinating stuff! My favourite episode of the recent series was where he talked at the beginning of the programme, about reincarnation, but then went onto discuss the literal reincarnation that science advocates - and how the same atoms in the dinosaurs are now a part of us and how we are a part of the universe! Simply beautiful :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

yes and how the universe will eventually die in trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions etc LOL with the last stars being red dwarfs.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

That reminds me!! There was a wonderful programme on last week, I think it was on discovery science? There was s theory bring discussed that the earth has had many (and maybe infinite) big bangs before our present one and will die and be reborn again and again.

Even if everything finished completely as time is infinite surely this is true there are never ending chances for it to happen!

As you can tell, I am certainly not a scientist but do live the wonder of it all!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

yeh that would be interesting, what caused the big bang in the first place surely could possibly happen again I guess. Theirs this program on I believe discovery at the moment called through the wormhole with ...... none other than mr morgan freeman :) and ive got that taped so gonna watch that at some point when I get round to it.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

ahhhh that was it!!! Yes that was it. It is amazing, do watch it!

Morgan Freeman's voice, jeez that is honey to the ears. Probably his, Anthony Hopkins and the late Richard Burton had my favourite speaking voices!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

p.s great to have you at UR, I hope you are enjoying it here. There are a wide variety of people here which the site welcomes and everyone is music made :)
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Yeh thanks matt, you must not forget christopher lee with voices, mans a legend.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Axian wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Fascinating stuff for sure, but IF Einstein was right the chance we will ever get in touch with 'ET' will be very small, lets say about zero......

Little example:
If the sun would be an orange in Amsterdam the next closest star would be an orange in say Moscow. One would have to travel 4,22 years with the speed of light to come there.........
Yeh I dont believe aliens have visited us yet but I do believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe.
That's the big question, are we alone or not? Statistically there should be billions out there...... But still no evidence for that. :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi Axian
As with Carl Sagan I love the way Brian Cox talks about science so poetically too. I wished science had been that exciting at School!
I have a great book by Brian Greene, which likewise simplifies science without losing all value. As you say Matt, why couldn't science be so exciting at school?!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Axian wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Fascinating stuff for sure, but IF Einstein was right the chance we will ever get in touch with 'ET' will be very small, lets say about zero......

Little example:
If the sun would be an orange in Amsterdam the next closest star would be an orange in say Moscow. One would have to travel 4,22 years with the speed of light to come there.........
Yeh I dont believe aliens have visited us yet but I do believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe.
That's the big question, are we alone or not? Statistically there should be billions out there...... But still no evidence for that. :)
If other life is going to come and visit or if we are going to go to it, there would definitively have to be a jump in technology. It goes without saying that current technological/scientific boundaries make it completely impractical.

Call me a dreamer but I've always loved the idea of humanity exploring the stars, I'm very disappointing that the planned NASA moon missions have been cancelled. I've always thought the idea of wormholes was bogus, warp drives seemed more practical :? . At a guess, I think that any advancement will probably involve exploiting previously unknown aspects of spacetime, rather than using brute force to bend the universe to our will.

I mean its been shown that its possible to manipulate time, but to do anything significant you would need an energy source of outlandish power. Who knows maybe M-theory might turn up something useful?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

By the way Rob, if you have a few thousand dollars to spare; you can go on a workshop with Dr Greer where you learn how to talk (through telepathy) with the aliens. I am actually not being mocking, you really can, I know this because I was/am fascinated by Disclosure project and I receive the news letters. There are regular retreats in scenic locations where he holds these.

I have quite a few reservations lol, but if I had the cash to blow, I would try it with an open mind...edit- okay it would require cast iron will power not to go there with a taking the piss attitude, but I would fight that.

Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote: you can go on a workshop with Dr Greer where you learn how to talk (through telepathy) with the aliens. I am actually not being mocking, you really can,
[...]
I have quite a few reservations lol, but if I had the cash to blow, I would try it with an open mind...edit- okay it would require cast iron will power not to go there with a taking the piss attitude, but I would fight that.

Matt
Thats wild! Quite a lot of ufologists are into telepathy and spiritual activity. Considering how many are, who knows they might be on to something.

I firmly believe in the need for science and spirituality to come together so its not completely crazy to me, just mostly crazy!

But yeah if i had the money to blow... it would be quite the trip im sure :fish:

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

rice_pudding wrote:I'm very disappointing that the planned NASA moon missions have been cancelled.
I'm really looking forward for a mission to Mars!
Unfortunately no country can afford that doing it solo, not even the US, it has to be done as an international project. So I don't see it happen soon.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

I watched the through the wormhole doc the other night matt, the n theory was really interesting with the parallel universe. It just goes to show we dont know what happens in space. I mean talk of parallel dimensions just a few trillion atoms away from our own and the chance we can bump into it to create more galaxies etc is amazing.