Bin Laden

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Bin Laden

Post by rice_pudding »

Wow, just woke up to the news!

Kinda wish they could have taken him alive, but they got him in the end.

Hopefully this will draw a line under a dark chapter in international relations.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Bin Laden

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Not that I'm into pictures of dead bodies..... (oke, oke I admit I am! :P Nah... )
But did they already show any evidence :?:
I would expect with such a 'major' catch they would..... :?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Im glad that karma caught up with him, just hope it brings some closure to the victims of the last decade.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:This changes nothing, really. I am surprised they finally killed him (though I think he might have died a long time ago). I am one of those that believes 9/11 might have been an inside job, too.

I suppose Obama needed that boost for the next election.

Dutch, he has already been buried - in the friggin' ocean. :? :lol:
I fear you are most likely correct. If anything reprisals are likely and i doubt the USA will change its long held political stance towards "Syriana". At least it may bring some sense of closure for victims of 9/11.

I have to agree though, from the moment the story broke there were obvious question marks. I hate to take a shit on what is a very important day for many people... but I'm highly suspicious. I'm willing to roll with the status quo to keep the peace but seriously, too much smoke, not enough fire?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What makes me laugh is that they went ahead and gave him a decent send off according to muslim religion the body has to be buried in 24 hours. Yeah i bet he didn't put any consideration into anybody's beliefs and religions when he sent the jets crashing into the world trade centre.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Alex wrote:I suppose Obama needed that boost for the next election.
Early on in the 'war on terror' (during Bush jr) when the "Tora Bora" battle took place they could catch him but let him escape. I guess it wasn't that convenient to catch him then......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am just angry a friend at the Gibson forum beat me to it saying he had Bin Laden to rest
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sorry to say, there are some people who insist on finding a conspiracy in everything! Just as no one on this board knows exactly what happened at Flying Baron Estates in March of '82, no one here knows exactly what happened on Sunday, May 1st, 2011. Yet some will speak as though they do.

Not everything that happens in this world is done for an approval rating. Those of you who think that way must live a sad life. There has not been a 'great' president in the United States since before the turn of the 20th Century - each of them has had issues, some more than others... so what, there is not a 'great' leader in ANY country at this very moment.

Go on, attack Obama, it's all his fault... the US Congress has nothing to do with all the problems in the United States... Bin Ladin's been dead since '02... whatever! Just 'cause you read it on the Internet doesn't make it true, and just 'cause some fat, white trash radio DJ likes to talk shit from the safety of a booth doesn't make him knowledgeable either.

To quote Forrest Gump: That's all I have to say about that.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Of all the money, the countries, the missiles fired, the number of raids, the bombs dropped, the intelligence gathered. They find bin laden ........ In his house :)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Sorry to say, there are some people who insist on finding a conspiracy in everything! Just as no one on this board knows exactly what happened at Flying Baron Estates in March of '82, no one here knows exactly what happened on Sunday, May 1st, 2011. Yet some will speak as though they do.

Not everything that happens in this world is done for an approval rating. Those of you who think that way must live a sad life. There has not been a 'great' president in the United States since before the turn of the 20th Century - each of them has had issues, some more than others... so what, there is not a 'great' leader in ANY country at this very moment.

Go on, attack Obama, it's all his fault... the US Congress has nothing to do with all the problems in the United States... Bin Ladin's been dead since '02... whatever! Just 'cause you read it on the Internet doesn't make it true, and just 'cause some fat, white trash radio DJ likes to talk shit from the safety of a booth doesn't make him knowledgeable either.

To quote Forrest Gump: That's all I have to say about that.
Well said Paul, but in light of your comments i feel i should make my own stance clear.

I'm not suggesting anything, all I'm saying is things don't quite make sense. Sure the political gain from this is at face value quite benign, and there are easier ways to get political brownies than kill i guy, keep him on ice for x years and then wheel out a corpse. But there are far more disturbing things happening under our noses, so basically; nothing would surprise me. Motive is half the argument in convicting any felon.

I don't have anything against Obama, i would say i support him and if anything i feel sorry for him and all the shit he takes, neither do i deny that Osama is indeed sleeping with the fishes. Really I don't give a shit if Osama died in 2001 or whatever, the world has a lot of problems and even if the all the conspiracy theories are true i'll be damned if i'm going to save everyone from themselves.

Edit [i was going to explain the reasoning behind my suspicions but heck i just don't care, thats irrelevant and not the reason i started this thread]

BTW; i take it your white trash comment was aimed at Alex Jones, and yeah, he really needs to learn how to shut up and stop shooting himself in the foot. He has his own agenda, he's just another politician really.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk