Rock n Roll Biographies?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

My96z

Rock n Roll Biographies?

Post by My96z »

What are some good ones you all have read? I am in a phase right now of readign rock n roll biographies about bands and such. So far I have read:

Off the Rails

The Dirt- Motley Crue

I am Ozzy

Heavier than Heaven- Kurt Cobain

Now I need some more... thinking about picking up Blacktooth Grin about Dimebag Darrell and Mustaine's book.

Let me know some good reading reccomendations if you all have any.

Thanks!
Jeff
Axian
Cool Member

Re: Rock n Roll Biographies?

Post by Axian »

I am not a big reader but I read a bit of the dirt. ( Yet to be completed. ), I am Ozzy ( Yet to be completed ), Off the rails ( yet to be completed, although currently reading it at the mo).

I recommend Slash's which I have actually completed :)
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I haven't read it, but "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star" (Nikki Sixx) sounds really good!
Ric

My96z

Post by My96z »

I ordered Mustaines book and Black Tooth Grin (Dimebag Darrell). I hadnt thought about Slash's book... after I finish these I will look into it.

I think almost anything to do with the Crue would be a good read, those boys were nuts. The Dirt was excellent!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Phil Lynott's The Rocker..... To Live Is to Die Cliff Burton ...... Lemmy's White Line Fever. I've read all three and i'd say that the Lemmy book is well worth a read.
My96z

Post by My96z »

I will check those out. I am not a fan of Motorhead but from what I have read Lemmy is a pretty cool dude...

How was the Cliff Burton book? The same guy is doing one on Randy. How is he as a writer?

Ahhh Phil... I love Thin Lizzy! Excuse me while I put on the Cowboy Song!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

clinton walker's bio on bon scott was awesome!!!i read it 2 or 3 times!!!!i want to get white line fever and heroin diaries next!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

My96z wrote:How was the Cliff Burton book? The same guy is doing one on Randy. How is he as a writer?

Ahhh Phil... I love Thin Lizzy! Excuse me while I put on the Cowboy Song!
Yeah Joel McIver is writing a book about Randy its due out in April / May 2011. His book on Cliff was good, he interviewed the right people who knew Cliff well. Without going off the subject but when it came to doing a track by track analysis of each album i was bored with the elements. I wanted the story to flow, but it got back on track. Very much like Randy he was only here for a few years and tragicaly died way too young.