Chilean Miners Underground 68 days!

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Chilean Miners Underground 68 days!

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

YEAH!! I just saw the first miner get retrieved from 2000 ft. underground. Simply Unbelievable... :D :D :D :D
Attachments
1st Chilean Miner .jpg
Chilean Miner Going Up 2.jpg
Chilean Miner Going Up.jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
RRfish
Madman

Re: Chilean Miners Underground 68 days!

Post by RRfish »

This is such an incredible story of courage, strength and perseverane. I didn't sleep well last night so watched some of the coverage on CNN. Only one could be responsible for such a wonderful miracle ! :) :fish:
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I live in a small city driven by nickel mines - it's one of the largest deposits in the world here. My brother and father-in-law were miners, so this hits a little close to home.

What an amazing mission and testament of courage, hope and perseverance! I'm normally not really claustrophobic, but I'd be freaking out in that little capsule during the 15 minute ride up! All that would be going through my mind is what if it got snagged halfway up and I"m stuck there until I dehydrate to death! :shock:
Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

cheers for those shots Dave! They said one (the first?) had already been on a tv show in Chile and shared his story too!

Amazing news

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

im watching it now it is an awesome story!!!!i see a movie in the making here!!!i just heard on cnn that the foreman is married and has a mistress and he wanted the wife and mistress TO GREET HIM WHEN HE GETS OUT!!!!!!the wife said nope!!!!the cojones on that guy lol!!!!wow number 21 just made it out!!!!!!!1
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Tito wrote:im watching it now it is an awesome story!!!!i see a movie in the making here!!!i just heard on cnn that the foreman is married and has a mistress and he wanted the wife and mistress TO GREET HIM WHEN HE GETS OUT!!!!!!the wife said nope!!!!the cojones on that guy lol!!!!wow number 21 just made it out!!!!!!!1
I can see the movie possibilities too!! It will be set in America (naturally LOL), be directed by Jerry Bruckheimer and someone with completely wooden and unsubtle acting abilities like Tom Cruise will be the miner that keeps everyone strong!! It will be him as just an ordinary working guy, trying to get by with all the struggles in life and provide for his son. There can be a greedy guy who double crosses his work mates and poses a danger that Tom has to fight in the mine too. Maybe he causes the accident??

When Tom gets out, his cute nine year old kid will greet him with "hey daddy!!!" . 20 foot behind will be his ex wife and her new partner. An argument earlier on in the film between his ex's new bloke, will be resolved just with a knowing macho nod that says "you're alright in my book". The wife will just give a smile with a bit of a look, that says she still feels for him and then Tom will be carted off in an ambulance with pizza and two large busted nurses comforting him. (sorry that is my company 'Equine productions' that wrote the last bit in!)

Matt

ps edit - I didn't make it sickly enough. Don't Stop Believing by Journey has to be the films theme :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmfao your right matt!!!!!!!!!!!!good script tho!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahaahhhh!!!!!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lol good one alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Not bad Matt, but I think that your choice of leading actor may be wrong. You see Tom is a scientologist, he honestly believes that he has super powers. He would just transport himself out of the mine. I know it sounds craze but it is true he does believe that he can transport himself through space and time. He is a brain washed nuter!

So maybe you could revise the leading actor? Possibly Denzel Washington, why he is down there he could solve the mystery of who collapsed the mine in an attempt to bring the American government to its knees.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

I think you all are correct. There will probably most likely be a movie made for T.V. about this rescue. I can almost guarantee you that. It is even more fantastic that they got all 33 out alive and well. They are called "Los 33". :)
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The thing that is cool about this whole story is that they bothered to go to the effort to save all these guys. Companys like this mining company will be well up for having shit loads of cash. So they used that cash to help get these guys out alive. These have been very lucky if this had happened some where else they could of been left to starve. Thank God someone had the vision of how to get them out and how to get a life line down to them. Great result and a Happy ending :lol:
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea. I had to do a report on them today. It's good that they got out.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

I have done my research (reading extensive news coverage) and have started to write a book about the Chilean miners rescue. The story will begin 20 years into the future and be about a grandfather that tells his grandson about 33 miners trapped underground. I will treat this story as an absolute miracle and probably even weave some religious symbolism into the story. So glad they made it back to the surface. I just hope they can survive the media storm that comes with this miracle...
Attachments
los 33 Cover.png