Going to war and the legal drinking age

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Re: Going to war and the legal drinking age

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guntervent

Post by guntervent »

I have smoked a little weed in my day and it probably does kill brain cells faster than they normally die, but I sometimes wonder if the plain old air we all breath (chem trails, pollution, etc...) wont do that also. I think there is a purpose for it in Medicine. I know when I had my surgery they kept giving me morphine and now if the wind blows while I am smiling it seems like one of my teeth will crumble. I have a 13 year old daughter and she prob wont ever be tempted or in a situation to try weed since she was born with downs syndrome but I would rather have her take a hit or two off a joint than to huff spray paint like some kids do, that is a tragedy. good discussion guys...and I think alcohol is a demon that can really sneak up on people and steal souls be careful with booze its a killer big time...but these are just my opinions and respect to all of you guys.....
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

This is a great discussion, regarding which is worse, alcohol, cig's or pot or even harder stuff, I think they all have enough bad points to not rate one as worse than the other. Eagle I think you are right about cancer being genetic, I think it waits for the right "key" to open its door so to speak, that could be "tar" from a cigarette, or a pollutant in the air or any number of other things that give cancer the right environment it needs in the human body. Guntervent I agree with your post 100 percent, hence it's relevance for medicinal use, I stand by my statement that there are better ways of financing the U.S.A. than the legalization of pot, I think thats a poor excuse. As far as putting someone in jail for pot, I guess that all depends on the circumstance, most people who are caught smoking pot don't do time (at least not here), if you're a dealer thats a different thing. The thing is, are you willing to take a chance on someone possibly harming or killing someone you love because we legalized pot and then they got behing the wheel of a car, or they got high and some other error in judgement occured that caused someone harm. I agree Eagle, to many freedoms are being taken away in this country, but to me there is a big difference between freedom and legalizing something like marijuana. Does anyone honestly think that if we legalize pot, that anything will change in our economy? This country has more than enough resources to "fix" everything that is wrong with it, the problem is human nature and greed won't let people do it, legalizing marijuana won't fix that.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

wareagle wrote: in a alcohol death we can sue or blame the government for allowing it or somthing... for a pot driving death (havent heard of it most people i know order dominos to deliver :) but for a pot death you just blame the idiot who got shit faced.
Uh, I don't think you can sue the government because a drunk driver killed someone...

And you should always blame the idiot who got shit faced whether it be drugs, or alcohol, or anything. It's their fault they got shit faced and decided to go driving and get someone else killed.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I'm with you on the independant thinking and honesty Eagle. As far as the Rhoads footage stuff, don't pay any attention to all that negative talk, just keep going after it. My favorite rock guitar player of all time is Jake E. Lee, in some ways, especially now, info on Jake is more elusive than it is on Randy. But I keep looking for it because I remember what it was like to be 15 years old and spend every waking moment looking at his picture on the wall and trying to figure out all his licks. And getting back on topic, Jake, and to a lesser extent EVH, was the reason I never tried drugs or alcohol, I was naive enough back then to think that anyone who played as good as those guys did, couldn't be doing all that stuff.

Funny huh?
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
oth wrote:BTW,i trained myself to handle alcohol quite well when i was younger but i rarely drink.I am also older than you.

Really? How old am I?

All you ever seem to do is come here and bitch about things, Oth... you won't use your real name and you talk smack. Oh, and you are incapable of intelligent argument as far as I can tell, because your responses always begin or end with you calling someone stupid.

I am not now, nor was I ever an alcoholic. I drink from time to time and handle it fine, because I know when to stop. I have an 18-year-old child, so I can say just how mature an 18-year-old is. In addition, I work in a hotel where the majority of employees are between the ages of 18 and 25, so i have a pretty good feel for what is important to that age group.

Soldiers don't need any special privileges. They choose their profession, there is no draft. So, they should wait until the law says they can drink, just like everyone else. The majority of the soldiers in the United States are mature enough to be good citizens, I would hope, but not all of them are. I was in the Army, so I know first hand how well an 18-year-old soldier will handle is alcohol.

So, Oth... why should soldiers be treated differently? Why do they need alcohol? I would appreciate an intelligent debate on the subject, without derogatory comments. I really would like to understand your point of view. If you are older than me, as you claim, then let's discuss this and maybe you'll convince me that my point of view needs to be adjusted.

If you just want to talk shit, then I'm done.

Paul,you were the one that tried attack my point by accusing me of being too young to have a valid point-condescension.
When that blows up in your face, because i am older than you(oops!),you contradict yourself and make a personal attack-i have no prob with that just the contradiction from a 'good christian' like you right?
Then to show off your "intelligent" debating skills you whine to the mods and have my posts deleted.
:roll:
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

oth, you are wasting your time because Paul left a fews weeks ago to look after Steve Blevins interests.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

yes , they have eloped !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmao!!!!!!!!!!you guys are too much!!!!!!!