Happy Belated Memorial day to all

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

guntervent

Re: Happy Belated Memorial day to all

Post by guntervent »

no worries here mate.........................I really enjoyed your story!!!
Remember that being patient is the first Lesson in Teaching!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

shawn wrote:Hello Alex

I think that 95% of what you stated above is common sense; do not drink to excess water and food prevent hangovers and limit your intake.

I can not see a skill that can be acquired that will enable someone to handle alcohol, I can see some that will limit alcohol intake or deal with a hangover.

Eh talk about hijacking a thread.

We have quite large celebrations to remember those fallen in wars for our country and they are getting larger crowds every year which is fantastic. I agree 100% with those for both world wars, but find it hard to rationalise my country being involved in wars at this point in time.
oth wrote:It is grossly insulting to brave young adult soldiers who risk their lives to defend the right of expression to self righteous,morality preachers who want to deny them the ability to drink alcohol.18-21 yr olds are adults.
I call bullshit on the comment above ^^. A soldier chooses there job just as a plumber/priest/accountant does. Also I highly doubt that any soldier fighting for our countries at this point in time are defending our right of expression. I know for a fact that was not the line that the any government was spinning for going to war at present.
are you religious by any chance?from your illogical posts you sound like it or somebody of limited intelligence ....many soldiers choose the job cause local jobs have been shipped to a 3rd world country or they go to get college funding/scholarships.Some do it out of patriotism or events like 9 11.Slightly different reasons than a plumber, you brainiac :roll: !
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

oth wrote: are you religious by any chance?from your illogical posts you sound like it or somebody of limited intelligence
What's the difference?? :lol: :lol:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

oth wrote: are you religious by any chance?from your illogical posts you sound like it or somebody of limited intelligence ....many soldiers choose the job cause local jobs have been shipped to a 3rd world country or they go to get college funding/scholarships.Some do it out of patriotism or events like 9 11.Slightly different reasons than a plumber, you brainiac !
Ok I will start with answering your question; no I am not religious in any way shape or form.

Do you actually understand the meaning of illogical; if you do can you please explain how it applies to the post that I made about a soldier choosing their vocation.

You stated that just because someone was a soldier that elevated them above the law. That is because they are a soldier they had earned the rite to drink above other citizens. Surely if you were not someone of limited intelligence you would understand the implications of one law for the few and another for the rest!

Your argument is pointless if you are saying, I am a soldier there for I can drink no matter my age. A more logical stand point would be, lower the drinking age so eighteen year olds can drink, they are responsible for there actions. Dividing the community to say that some have more rites than others is …. well… take any dictator/lunatic and place their name here for reference.

My immediate family have served in every war from the First World War to the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan at present and several legitimate peace keeping missions in the pacific as I type, please do not play the patriotism bullshit card with me. I know of the many reasons people join the armed forces.

More to the point I have been around rr.tk and ul.com long enough to understand that persons of very limited vocabulary and intelligence tend to accuse and ramble to get a rise out of the community. I would suggest oth that is you!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hi Oth, out of respect I've responded to you in the new thread, here.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Hi Oth, out of respect I've responded to you in the new thread, here.
cheers Paul :mrgreen:
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt