Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Re: 2010 World Cup!!!

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Congrats Shawn! 8)
It's an amazing achievement for a team which includes even 4 non pro's. :shock:

*big question for this day: will France play? :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

The brats on the French team make me so mad! I think of some French players that were left off the squad that would probably kill to play in the World Cup...these primadonnas don't know how good they have it.
The Flying Dutchman

+1
It's a general problem I guess. Saw that french player 'Anelka' arriving at the airport in England yesterday.
It looked like some kind of popstar arrived!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

2-0 RSA... french look disgraceful.
Gata

Post by Gata »

wareagle wrote:2-0 RSA... french look disgraceful.
Logical and expected, as it's been going on like this (more or less) for quite a few years now. At last it's over, time for a lot of change and to move on something new. Just a shame they had to screw it all with the biggest audience ever ! :roll: From a French perspective, we can now really enjoy the cup. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Pat
"I told'em I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how"
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

This has been quite an eventful round!! The only thing I'm waiting for next is Diego Maradonna to coach naked from the sideline.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Hello Gata

I only hope that the french rugby team will act and then preform the same way next year! Kiwis are always edgy now when the french play the all blacks, they have the power to kill in the world cup.

I did have the funniest conversation with a french/kiwi friend, he has been here for four years he is almost one of us haha. He said "shawn we are a very passionate people, but this can sometimes be misinterpreted as madness", well something to that effect.

Thank you Mr Dutch man, the last couple of days has involved some very interesting conversations. No matter the outcome of the next game they have made us all proud.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

USA is IN!!!! Let's hope Germany wins their group so we can avoid them...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Are you torn between wanting the USA or Germany to win the world cup Nic'?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

I'm looking forward now for the match this sunday:

England - Germany :twisted:

*Also glad at least one African country (Ghana) reaches the eight finale. :)
Too bad for "Down Under".....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Trigger wrote:Are you torn between wanting the USA or Germany to win the world cup Nic'?
I can't say I'm really torn. In reality, I have a hard time pulling for one team or another, in any sport. I used to do competitive club sports and losing is maybe the worst feeling in the world, especially when you've made it so far. I just hope to see good talent, good skill on the ball, and a relatively clean game. And whoever wins, I'll be happy for. In the case of a game like USA Vs. Germany, I'd want the better performing team to win. It's a lame cop out answer, but yeah. I'm a "may the best man win" person.

However, the England Vs. Germany game, I'll have to pull for Germany as I'd still like my Dad to let me live in his house, LOL. If I were to pull for the English...he'd not be happy!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I don't know if it is the same for anyone else, but when you watch a game in the pub in England you get non stop loud critiques by men in their 50's who are so out of condition they probaby get out of breath ordering their next beer from the bar...but boy are they opinionated (it is actually very funny)

in SE London ( think 'cockney' accent American readers)

"ahh for fuc*s sake! Rooney needs to get in deeper. If it was me i would be playing the bakll to Gerard then running in forward"

Yeah right :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
David Denson

Post by David Denson »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I don't know if it is the same for anyone else, but when you watch a game in the pub in England you get non stop loud critiques by men in their 50's who are so out of condition they probaby get out of breath ordering their next beer from the bar...but boy are they opinionated (it is actually very funny)

in SE London ( think 'cockney' accent American readers)

"ahh for fuc*s sake! Rooney needs to get in deeper. If it was me i would be playing the bakll to Gerard then running in forward"

Yeah right :)

Matt
It's the same here in the USA Matt. Everyone is a chair/stool referee....minus the Cockney accent :lol: But that's natural when you are getting into the game and are emotional. It is funny though hearing what people say and how they act! :lol:
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Ah kiwis are going home, man was it a boring game, but they did bloody well.

Did any one see the security not allowing one of the all whites players getting into the stands to see his parents. A very rear occasion I wanted to see a punch thrown.
Gata

Post by Gata »

Hi Shaun,
shawn wrote:Kiwis are always edgy now when the french play the all blacks, they have the power to kill in the world cup.
Yeah, our rugby team is sometimes outstanding. In any case, a great victory always requires a great opponent (who ever wins). We'll see what they can do.

Back to football, I'm sorry to hear New Zealand got out today. At least they did not lose a game. This is a beautiful World Cup as we have quite a bunch of "once smaller" teams going to 1/8 finals. I would love to see the US or Japan making it to last round. Really enjoyable teams.

Pat
"I told'em I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how"