Article About Me on The Gibson Website

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Article About Me on The Gibson Website

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Black Pearl members

Ctp Matt Sparrow has caught the attention of Gibson, ha ha ha me hearties:)

Basically, I was voted member of the month of the Gibson forum recently and my prize was being featured on the main Gibson website!!. It is basically an autobiographical article and yes I mention the great man himself; Randy Rhoads

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/F ... the-month/

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

LOL, Yes 18 of them in the arsenal!!

Yeah I am chuffed with the article. When you play minority style music like Classical and write off the wall pieces LOL, this kind of exposure is just wonderful.

Cheers Alex

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

congratulations matt!!! good job mate!!!!!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Congratulation Matt, this is an honour and I can't think of a more deserving person to recieve it than you. One thing that I really enjoy and value about you is your comitment to the academic aspect of your craft. You don't have a polka dotted mist in front of your eyes you have art and a self driven integrity that really is captured in how you speak about guitar.
Well done. :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Great write up on you Matt! Is that the robot LP you hold in the pic?
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Thanks Ian, Tito and Mike

And yes Mr L that is the original Robot Les Paul. I am forever defending it against members of the Gibson forum (all in good spirits I may add!)

Cheers

Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cool !! Stuff Matt i now know where your love for Bond films comes from listening to film soundtracks was a love for me in my youth as well. I liked your rise from being 'background' restaurant music to doing your own stuff and being the creative musician that you are today. Some people need to be directed or they never turn the right corner in life. Far too many musicians are unheard and are basically bedroom players. Music is for sharing and if you've got it flaunt it.. Well done mate!!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

FUCK YEAH!!!! SO FUCKIN COOL MATTHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

ThanksXXX

Shaun, I tried to be as honest as possible and the real me in the article and am pleased you enjoyed it. Corleone features-cheers man!!!

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

You're famous now! Can I get an autograph!? :D
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Who's The Man!

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

You're the man Matt!! My life is such a bore compared to yours. At least you didn't bear the humiliation of wearing a pig nose while dancing the Texas two-step. Yes I did it I admit it. I was a Ballroom dance instructor before I got back into music to save my soul. It's amazing what you will do just to survive in this world... :oops:
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

NicDots wrote:You're famous now! Can I get an autograph!? :D
(with extreme lady killer face allure) where would you like me to sign? :oops: :D

Electric Angel, cheers my good man. I wish the guys down my local pub read the bit about being busy. They are always taking the piss on what an easy life I lead and that I have laods of holiday and I don't do a job, it is a vocation blah blah LOL

They don't understand when you are a musician you do it all day every day, even when you are not officially working!

Matt
Gata

Post by Gata »

Bravo Matt !!! Unbelievable. Just read that article. It's nice to hear about your way in life as a musician.
"I told'em I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how"
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice read Matt! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.