Reliving my Childhood

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Reliving my Childhood

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, this may sound dumb, but I enjoy reliving my childhood through DVDs.

Tonight I've been watching the first season of The Six Million Dollar Man. Also in my collection are:

The Planet of the Apes (the televison show)
The Land of the Lost
Starsky and Hutch
The Brady Bunch
S.W.A.T.
The Wacky Races
HR Pufenstuf
The Waltons
Happy Days

I love 1970's American television!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Re: Reliving my Childhood

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Okay, this may sound dumb, but I enjoy reliving my childhood through DVDs.

Tonight I've been watching the first season of The Six Million Dollar Man. Also in my collection are:

The Planet of the Apes (the televison show)
The Land of the Lost
Starsky and Hutch
The Brady Bunch
S.W.A.T.
The Wacky Races
HR Pufenstuf
The Waltons
Happy Days

I love 1970's American television!
I remember all those from my youth in the 70's. I miss those days always!! I am so glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's!! I have Land Of The Lost DVD collection as well!! My daughter loves them. She watches them more than me. The Waltons was a favorite of my Father's. I loved the theme from S.W.A.T. I made my parents buy me the 45 of the song. lol
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk Daniels wrote:I loved the theme from S.W.A.T. I made my parents buy me the 45 of the song. lol
That was the first 'record' I ever owned! Next was the 45 of King Tut by Steve Martin :D

I love going back to the '70's... life was simple and fun (obviously 'cause I was a kid, but still...)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i've never seen any of those shows, bar a couple of episodes here and there :o

DVD sets of old shows are great, i have a large chunk of the A-team and i wouldn't mind getting the original battlestar gallactica 8) that show was a part of my childhood believe it or not :)

Rob
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Zakk Daniels wrote:I loved the theme from S.W.A.T. I made my parents buy me the 45 of the song. lol
That was the first 'record' I ever owned! Next was the 45 of King Tut by Steve Martin :D

I love going back to the '70's... life was simple and fun (obviously 'cause I was a kid, but still...)
I know me too!! Everyone tells me I live in the past, but look at the present, do you blame me?!?!?
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Paul

I bpought the complete Starsky & Hutch DVD (all four seasons) last week when it was on sale for $25, I did it because when we chatted about this show a while back you told me it was as still good as it was when we were kids 8)
Jessica and I will be sitting back enjoying it over the coming weeks 8) 8) I collect old TV shows from my youth as well including the programs I watched as a very young child. I have never been dissapointed by any of them yet! I am now looking for a complete collection of the show 'Taxi' did any of you watch that as well?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I love many series' from my childhood; especially 'V', Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazard and The A Team.
I was the lone ranger V fan at primary school! I conned my mum and dad every week into letting me watch it. I watched it recently on the sci fi channel and it was just as awesome
I have to say though I think tv the last decade has been just as great!! Sex And the City, Shameless, House, Dr Who, Torch Wood, The Sarah Connor Chronicles etc. I think the 80's and now are both golden periods for tv

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Citizen Smith was very funny, I don't think it made it to the USA though.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I watched all of those shows as a kid, Paul. Most of my DVDs are from the golden age of horror flicks, but in terms of tv sets, I got the first two seasons of Scooby Doo, the Groovie Goolies and Night Gallery.
The 70's were a great time to be a kid, for sure:)

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:I am now looking for a complete collection of the show 'Taxi' did any of you watch that as well?
I did watch Taxi... I'd like to see it again as I don't really remember it that well.

Let me know what you think of Starsky and Hutch
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Paul

Me too. When I first discovered Andy Kaufman Taxi was my first port of call as I hadn't seen it since I was probably about 5 or 6 LOL. I find the show now thoroughly enjoyable!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

All those shows you listed plus The Dukes of Hazzard and The Thunderbirds and the list would be my perfect formative years collection .

Another show i'd like to re-watch ( for special reasons ) would be The Wonder Years .... just thinking about that show puts me in that frame of mind i was in back in the late 80's .......
................................................................Image...............................................................................
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Nice list! I'd add to:

Emergency!
Adam12
Sigmund & The Sea Monster
Grizzly Adams
Gentle Ben
Flipper
Get Smart

I wonder if 20 years from now, people will look back fondly on the memories of sitting around with the family watching Biggest Loser, The Bachelor or The Real World.My folks bowled on Wednesday and Friday nights in the late 70's/early '80s, so those nights were spent at my grandparents, watching some of those shows, + Wonderful World of Disney, + Grandpa's favorites, Dukes, + Barbara Mandrel show and Hee-haw.....Oh how I hated Hee-Haw :lol:
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Ha ! Gentle Ben !! yessss.... Does anyone remember a show that was filmed up around Alaska or it might have even been Canada and it was fishing trawler boats and life and times in and around the harbor .. anyone remember what it was called ?

Edit : I just remembered what the show was called " Beachcombers " i loved that show !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beachcombers
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Ritchie wrote:Ha ! Gentle Ben !! yessss.... Does anyone remember a show that was filmed up around Alaska or it might have even been Canada and it was fishing trawler boats and life and times in and around the harbor .. anyone remember what it was called ?

Edit : I just remembered what the show was called " Beachcombers " i loved that show !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beachcombers
did you get many British shows over in Australia when you were growing up?