Two new paintings! Please feel free to comment :)

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Two new paintings! Please feel free to comment :)

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Hey Everyone, i have painted two new pictures over the past couple of days.

This complex one, is called "The Machine of Man" and demonstrates mankind's obsession with technology, or if you really want to look into it, you can also say it was influenced by Blade Runner or even The Terminator.

This one is not finished but is of a cowboy and his horse by a sunset, but used a brush ONLY for the horse, for the sun, ground and skies i used my fingers.

Simon
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Nice, Simon!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I like the first picture best because it seems to be more symbolic of the mdern day issues we deal with.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Sarab wrote:Nice, Simon!
+1

I really liked the bottom one especially, that is something I would certainly buy. Simon's Guitar painting and surrealist picture hang proudly in my room. The first one is very provocative and a hard picture to look at, because of it's nature. Is that how you meant it?

Gina,

Simon is very reasonable on his prices!

Cheers, keep up the good work

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Hey Matt

You trying to sell my paintings :shock: lol just kidding :)

Well, Matt you tell me, what is it that makes it provocative and a hard picture to look at, yes cos of its nature, but i'm curious if theres anything that really gets the mind going.

I have a nightmare thats reacurring where I am lying on a table, there is pure darkness except for the one light above me shining on me, I am aware of myself, but I try to move and I struggle, I look down to see that my everything below my torsoe was removed and is completely filled with wires that trail down the table, even my arms below the elbows are missing, since having these dreams I try to represent them in my artwork, especially as my feelings from that dream, a feeling of calm through an ordeal.

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The expression on the face and the thin texture of the colours, make it looks and feel unpleasant, yes like a bad dream! It makes me appreciate it is an excellent piece of art (for making me feel like that), but also means it is something I do not like feeling when seeing it.

Interestingly, as we have 'other similarities' too, I have a re occuring bad dream that my wrists have twigs and tree vines growing in with the skin. it looks and feels awful.
Also I have a variation where my bones og my wrist are made from shattering china and if I knock them they smash.

Very similar to your nightmare too.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

You have a special talent Simon, i wish i could paint or draw.

I like your style too, simple but effective. Reminds me of Picasso's Guernica

Rob