Bueller?

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Bueller?

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

If you grew up in the 1980's then you must have seen a John Hughes flick. Maybe it was The Breakfast Club but surely you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off? If you have not then go rent it right now. That movie connects with anyone who hated going to school which seemed to have the purpose of dumbing you down through boredom. The house in Chicago that the now infamous Ferrari was stored in (Ohh Yeah!!) is now for sale. Got 2.3 Million dollars? Hey, that's a bargain...

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/en/Proper ... 6=*highlan

And in case you didn't see Ferris Bueller's Day Off-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxPoxxt ... r_embedded
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was the same as age as Ferris when that film came out, it was really great and I could relate to him. I was a rocker kid so I was on the fringes and just managed to trip along on the line but trying to make sure I remained in control :wink:
I never saw beakfast club bit I am told its classic and had idden deapth.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Hughes' films are now classics. They are gitchy and fun for new new viewers, much like 80's music second go round, but for those that remember them originally, they are certainly part of our generation. Breakfast Club is a must see, Trigger.

He was responsible for my favorite Christmas movies, Christmas Vacation(as well as the original Vacation), Home Alone(and subsequent sequels :? ) Planes, Trains and Automobiles. He hadn't done anything very memorable in a while, but he had a hell of a run in the late 80's early 90's.

Here's the full list:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000455/
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Lots of those mid 80's-mid 90's film listed were great and had an inocence that you don't see in comedy film these days, they had tradgey and warmth.
I have seen lots of these films without really paying attention to who made them. A mark of how nice they are is that my twelve year old daughter has seen and enjoyed them. I even watched Uncle Buck with her about a month ago, still a great film.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I loved his movies. Breakfast Club holds a special meaning in my heart, as this was the "official movie of Grace King Fighting Irish High School Marching Band Class of 1985".
I could relate to Sixteen Candles; Ferris Bueller was relateable to my then boyfriend. Actually, all of his films hold a special place in my heart for several reasons.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

My mate Ian (not UR Ian, a wide boy London one) who is getting a beer belly is named after one of my favourite Hughes movies 'Uncle Buck' :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt