Michael Jackson is Dead

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for that, it was a really beautifully written message of Lisa's and understandably quite angry at the accusers of her marriage too. Also interesting read Ian 8)
I think it is almost fashionable to knock people now in the media, and as we see regularly on forums too. You are certainly right about the stick he got for his conversion to Islam. I failed to see the humour in that?? I found it moronic.

"I can see how it easy for some types of people to get caught up in media frenzies and become the gossip mongers who perpetuate this never ending circle of hate"

Absolutely!
To then see these same weak individuals self indulgently mourning him, is hard to understand to me. I understand there is good natured leg pulling and friendly taking the piss etc. The stick this guy got was huge and went beyond the kind of acceptable banter.

As I write I know 50 of his singles are in the top 100 UK chart. It is a shame as people we can't try and appreciate people more while they are here rather than taking notice once their demise has occured.

In the RR community I think Kevin's death has parallels with the change of attitude towards him once he had passed on. With that too, what a deep shame all those good qualities couldn't have been appreciated while he was alive more, and shown to Kevin...assuming the kind comments were meant once he was gone?

Here is my point. For your own peace of mind make sure you can live with your decisions with people while they are hear other wise the regret can hurt and haunt you later.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

I was holding back a bit on expressing my feelings about this but, I think I will now....

I for one am very sad of MJ's death. I mean I'm not loosing sleep over it but, have thought about him ever since it was announced that he was gone. Was he a child molester? I wasn't there so, that I can't say. Unfortunately when you're in your 30's and have multi millions of dollars and play with little kids as you best friends it doesn't look to good. Was he a dick for hosing out Paul McCartney the way he did....YES!! Like I said on the whole "molestation" thing...I don't know....wasn't there. What I do know is that he had a pretty fucked up childhood and I honestly think (yes he has mental issues) that he was just living out his childhood in his later years. Actually felt sorry for him. His dad was a major dick and MADE him and his brothers work tirelessly at their music career and left no time to be a kid. Allthose years of that kind of mental and physical abuse can definately fuck someone up. I didn't live his life or his constant "in the spotlight since he was a little kid" lifestyle so, who am I to judge.
One another note as for as the entertainer MJ.......there will never be another like him. Much like with Metallica to me his best music came from his earlier work (Jackson 5 stuff up to BAD) in my opinion. HE WAS THE BEST DANCER EVER. He did shit that I watch to this day and it blows me away. He was so fluent,smooth and articulate that it was rediculious. A true master of his art. His vocals....the younger Mike was phenominal!! I mean that little boy could sing his ass off. I really enjoyed the movie "The Jacksons:An American Dream". Seen it a few times and they played it recently upon his death and it blows me away to think that he was looked past as singing with his brothers and to think of were he is now.....musically that is.
For those of you who took the time to read this thank you and do me one favour.......go on youtube and look up JACKSON 5 performances and as always OFF THE WALL and THRILLER and honour Mike through that part of his life and not the tabloid mumbo jumbo.

R.I.P. MIKE!!
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Nice post Ralph will check out link

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

No disrespect to Lisa Marie, but if you check back in interviews she has done, with very popular television hosts, especially one of the wealthiest talk show hosts in U.S., out of Chicago. Lisa put herself out there, and completely denounced having any type of marriage, let alone consummating a marriage with MJ. This was not on one occasion, or one interview, many. These interviews were not that long ago.

When I heard this statement on Larry King last week, I did wonder about it. I think that they were two people with very common backgrounds, and truly cared about one another. I believe she did try to warn his relatives about the consequences of his drug use and behavior, after all she had lost someone so close to her in a similar fashion.

For Lisa to say to ignore rumors that she and MJ, did not have a viable marriage, is contrary to her own statements, which she was very adamant about.

Nothing that I have written really matters because the fact is he is gone. But why change the story after his passing? I would rather believe what comes straight from the horses mouth, than what is written in tabloid banter. The horses mouth was Lisa herself. It only goes to prove that we as humans forget what we want to forget, and history begins to be re -written once more. Maybe a little bit of Rashamon !
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Thanks Matt. This is what I'm talking about the PHENOMINAL LITTLE MICHAEL JACKSON!! 10 years old on the Ed Sullivan show. This song overwhelms me because, of the power and beauty in this little guys voice. Brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my face EVERYTIME!! Pure genious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ane6VJGlIMs
Last edited by BIG_P on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

This little dude is awesome playing a fingerstyle arrangement of ' Billie Jean ' :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVqX0a49HM
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Now that is real talent!

Matt
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

That was freakin' awesome!!!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

This is my favorite Michael:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAJqgeeJf4

I have seen lots of people doing that 'moonwalk', but I didn't see anybody doing it like Michael here did! :shock: 8)
Great performance and song!

RIP Michael Jackson.......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Dutch I agree on that one for sure as being one of my favs but, this one is the cats ass in my opinion. This is a few years later and Mike shows em' that he's still got it. THIS IS THE SHIT....WATCH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwl-t44U2Ns
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

BIG_P wrote:Dutch I agree on that one for sure as being one of my favs but, this one is the cats ass in my opinion. This is a few years later and Mike shows em' that he's still got it. THIS IS THE SHIT....WATCH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwl-t44U2Ns
Thnx! That 'moonwalk' at 7:05 I never seen before! :shock:
He still got it! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I noticed on the released film of the rehearsals for the Live show/tour his guitarist is a woman. A girl with long blonde straight hair anyone know of this player ?.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I noticed on the released film of the rehearsals for the Live show/tour his guitarist is a woman. A girl with long blonde straight hair anyone know of this player ?.
Hi Shaun I originally wrote this...
Yes, she is a very nice lady called Jennifer Batton (sp?)
She does lots of teaching and also contributes sometimes to Guitar Techniques and Total Guitar.

But Jennifer would be about mid/late 40's now and the woman/girl in the clip looks in her 20's????

Matt