Michael Jackson is Dead

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Many genius are freaks, geeks, what ever you want to call them. I don't know personally whether MJ was guilty or not, I do know that his genius and camellion style will never be replicated. He was found innocent, but with his behavior it could be questionable. Two of his accusers were proven to be influenced by parents to make false claims. Thus the lawsuits and the circus. These parents were proven to be the hanger on's that some celebrity's put trust in, come to find out they were only in it for the money and notoriety (Being Michael's Friend)
Most interviews I have seen or read with his closest of friends, have said he was never guilty and themselves had been put thru the wringer on many occasions by people like this.
Michael had no childhood period and was in the "fishbowl" of the public eye his entire life. I would beg to differ with anyone saying that in itself would make you a little more than weird. That and never knowing if someone was truly his friend his entire life has it's consequences. Plus the fact that personal Dr.'s give out Prescriptions like candy on demand (whether for the money,notoriety) Believe me Michael was put on the Hot seat by the D.A., they never let up. Those parents that let their children go stay with Michael sometimes weeks at a time, were not forced to do so. They made that choice. I could never understand why parents would do something like that after the previous charges 5 years prior. Even the slightest doubt should have been a red flag. Yet the parents weren't prosecuted were they! I always thought Michael would end up on an island somewhere and disappear from the limelight, never to be seen again. I love all music, MJ's music was a big part of my childhood. With all his faults, warts, weirdness, he will go down as The King of Pop, because of his brilliant genius and his great humanitarian. Michael was not unlike the once in a lifetime artist that we speak of on this forum. Our guy had a childhood, and a supportive family, sadly Michael did not. I will judge Michael for what he brought to his fans, not on innuendo. My son (who is very much a manly man) called me Friday while he was driving in Hollyweird. He said the song Thriller came on the radio and it brought memories of car junts back and forth to Nana's home. We both started crying, not that MJ is gone, but that he had such a tragic life and such a tragic ending. Toooooo Young, with so much more to give! Just like our boy! Fishychops
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LOL!!!!

You remember Fishychops!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Excellent post Fish!
Just finished watching an in dept documentary about Micheal tonight.
I can only conclude that he was too good as a person and musician for this world. And for sure waaaaay too naive, that gave him huge problems...... He never had a youth, I guess that's the tragic of his life and a lot can be explained from that. Even the cosmetic surgery's can be explained after seeing some interviews about his family relationships. Very, very tragic life of an extremely talented human...... I think doing those 50 farewell concerts was too much for him at this moment in his life.

RIP Michael Jackson

btw. to me his song BEAT IT contained the guitarsolo of the eighties. 8)

The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Thanks for the pic of EVH and MJ classic! I love that pic. I think the other sad thing for my son was that a friend and colleague had just been shooting a video with MJ about the upcoming tour. I guess hearing the buzz and excitement of an upcoming tour, and then to hear such sad news so soon ,would be a shock to anyone working with MJ. Apparently he seemed fine, the usual perfectionism one would expect of him, with voice and dance. What's funny for me now (don't tell my son I said this) is remembering the first time as a baby my son danced. We were watching MTV, MJ "Beat It" music video. He was just under two and was trying to do the moves, even lifting his leg onto the entertainment center, the similar pose MJ did with the pool table. I still laugh today when I think of that time. Could not give him all the money in China to dance now. Haaaaa Anyway hope this thread stays on positive notes!!!!!!!!
Cheers! Fishychops
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:Way to ruin this thread for the fans, guys. :roll:
Whatever.
Sorry Nic, didn't mean to ruin this for you.

Michael had the foresight to have EVH play on a record that a lot of 'metalheads' never would have paid attention to. As a result, everybody wanted guitar solos on their records after that. To me that was brilliant.

Regardless of his 'off-the-wall' behavior at times, he did bring a lot to the table. The music world would be a different place without having had his input.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

It was quite a surreal moment when i heard this news. Stars become such an overbearing element of our society that the idea of them passing seems alien. I think thats the main reason people are so universaly shocked, not to take away from his considerable talent.

I've never had any thoughts about his personal life but i would say that he was probably only half as mad as the media made him out to be, they have a habbit of doing that, i can think of numerous examples.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Rob

Wise words as always. There is a funny part in the film Donnie Brasco where one of the gang, after hearing John Wayne has died, says something along the lines of "he's John Wayne, he can't die!"

I suppose the magic of any star is they seem immortal.

Last night the DJ had made a great mix of all his greatest songs into a musical montage, I thought that was a nice touch.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfish wrote:Thanks for the pic of EVH and MJ classic! I love that pic.
You're welcome!
This is the only seen footage of MJ and EVH performing Beat it:

Eddie Van Halen & Michael Jackson - Beat it (Live in 1984)

Sorry for the bad quality, still 8) too watch imo!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Good Stuff, amazing how, two artist from such different ends of the artistical spectrum, and backgrounds, made this such a great performance.
Thanks! :fish:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
NicDots wrote:Way to ruin this thread for the fans, guys. :roll:
Whatever.
Sorry Nic, didn't mean to ruin this for you.

Michael had the foresight to have EVH play on a record that a lot of 'metalheads' never would have paid attention to. As a result, everybody wanted guitar solos on their records after that. To me that was brilliant.

Regardless of his 'off-the-wall' behavior at times, he did bring a lot to the table. The music world would be a different place without having had his input.
Wasn't really referring to you, Paul dear! ;)

Did you guys know that Michael actually wrote a lot of his own songs? I didn't know he wrote songs like Billie Jean, etc. That's a lot more than any other pop star I know of.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I grew up in the segregated South but the J5 defied all kinds of barriers. They were just so cool - I didn't know black or white or whatever. Get songs, great singing and Michael was such an awesome kid. That's what I remember and always will. Off The Wall and Thriller came out when I was a teenager so he kind of grew up with me in a way.

The husband of a co-worker wrote the following for today's paper:
Michael Jackson kind, generous, thoughtful

Letters to the Editor

Published: June 28, 2009

My memories of Michael Jackson stem beyond buying his albums, watching his videos, concerts filled with crying men and women who loved him and the scandals and trials that drove him to move out of the country that once loved him.

Instead of all that, my tears of joy and mourning, I remember July 27, 1991, at Neverland Valley Ranch. It was Joseph Jackson Day, the Jacksons' father's birthday.

For years, the Jackson family hired my father, family, to cater Joseph Jackson Day. My father Fred Burrell, owner of Burrell's Rib Cage in Santa Ana, Calif., catered parties for many celebs and sports stars ranging from Reggie Jackson to Gene Autry.

Of them all, I remember Joseph Jackson Day with the Jackson family, meeting Janet Jackson and, God rest his soul, Michael.

He treated me, my father and my Grandmother, Cecelia Reinhardt, "Sissy" as Michael called her, with the utmost love and respect.

I was 20 at the time, and Michael showed me around the estate, before showing me his favorite video game in the arcade — Moonwalker.

Imagine that. He pulled his favorite chair in front of the game, showed me how to play it, then left the arcade.

Moments later, I see him and Janet laughing as they race golf carts down a long strip of paved road leading to and from the security checkpoint and the house at Neverland.

A monumental moment, followed by getting his autograph, then Marlon's and Jackie's autographs later on that day. I still have the autographed menu of the food we served from that day, in plastic.

I never did get Janet's, because she had to fly out somewhere, leaving in a helicopter that landed in an open space on the property.

I remember her mother, Catherine, laughing at me as we ate jelly beans in the kitchen. My jaw dropped watching Janet pass through the kitchen, then out a side door to fly away. She knew I was in awe of her daughter.

Michael bragged about my grandmother's peach cobbler, her warmth and love. He never forgot my grandmother, a Hickory native who passed away here at 83.

When he heard the news, through my father and his publicist, Michael sent a huge flower arrangement from halfway around the world to her funeral.

After the funeral, it took an hour or so just to break it down, using every vase and cup to put the flowers in. My aunt, Martha Boston, who lives in Hickory, still has that card.

Needless to say, Michael's death hit me like a ton of bricks.

People got paid millions after wrongfully putting their kids through ordeals to lie to get money from a man who would've given them the money if they needed it.

It's funny how nobody accused him of sleeping with kids in Africa or other countries where he simply camped out with kids who had nothing — nothing but true love for the man, as I do.

I had what the media and millions of other people wished they had the chance to do, and that's spend time with him.

No media, crowds or fans, just my father, grandmother, the Jackson family and Michael. These are my memories.

Rest In Peace Michael, and thank you so much.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That was wonderful! Thanks for posting.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Thanks Dan!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Thank you Dan

I think that was a frank honest and sincere story that told of MJ's integrity the years of success he had isolated and childlike and we helped create him as much as he created himself.
I also agree with Alex and Nic and everyone who said he was found not guilty of a crime so leave it. To ignore the not guilty verdict and still pursue him is unkind and means (by the same logic) we should question all others found not guilty! That is as stupid as chasing MJ with insults after he has become unable to answer for himself.

He shares the distinction with few others of changing musical genres and splicing styles to create nothing short of timeless musical masterpieces, had he had that second burst of success three years earlier I believe we would have seen Randy appearing on a song somewhere, then I imagine all who have shown disrespect so far would have had different feelings.

I think it was clear in many ways that he was a lost soul and a lost trapped child and those few years following his trial were clearly troubled emotionally and mentally, he lost his home, fortune and was having to sell his possessions. And lastly had a conversion of faith that dragged in further unpleasant unhealthy comments from the media.
He must have been aware of the manner in which he was being demonized by the public and the media and I believe this contributed to what appears to be a dependence on prescription drugs.
I can see how it easy for some types of people to get caught up in media frenzies and become the gossip mongers who perpetuate this never ending circle of hate, but it is clear when you dissect MJ's life that such a blind following of the media is damaging and unhealthy to good journalism, as well as public thought and those who are mercilessly chased by them. Whilst feeding these media types and keeping alive this constant invasion of certain individuals we are allowing the media to ignore real news stories that warrant those pages of copy and allow us to understand real global events and genuine suffering.

RIP Michael,
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.