Collecting 'stuff'

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Collecting 'stuff'

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So Guitar Idol and I have been having this discussion about collecting, etc... so I thought I'd start a thread on the subject of collecting.

Personally I like to collect things with personal memories attached. Like board games. I loved board games as a kid so from time to time I check eBay for games I had as a kid - Planet of the Apes, Six Million Dollar Man, Happy Days.

I also liked collecting cards - KISS, Planet of the Apes, etc.

Image Image

I also used to collect Underdog stuff... but that's become too commercial now.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

See, now I would love to have an original one of these:

This is a reproduction, because originals are going for $70 and up (for a lunchbox?)... I carried one of these to school for years as a kid - who knew people would pay so much for one later in life?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Well I collect a lot of things Paul... a range of different "stuff" and have done since I was little...

Lets see... I collect...

Gerry Anderson memorabilia, all things Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captian Scarlet, Joe 90 etc (I used to collect this from when I was 8 till i was 15)

Crystals (although I have passed this collection onto my doting girlfriend to have)

Autographs (dont really colelct them, more aquire them when I can)

Vinyl records (I have at least 25, ranging from Ozzy Osbourne, The Beatles to Beethoven)

Cinema (I have super 8 and standard 8 mm cameras, a projector and films, I aim to collect more relics of cinema)

Good and Evil (I collect action figures and replica props of good and evil characters from films and games)

Guitars (I owned a fair few before having to get rid of some)

Resident Evil memorabilia (anything to do with the games, I aim to get an original Biohazard game)

Peter Rabbit collectables (plates mainly etc)

I think thats it I aint sure. I've been collecting things since I first went to a carboot sales. My recent purchase a super 8 camera (which works! :D) cost £10 and I managed to haggle the price down to £2 due to the fact the man did not know what he was selling.

Simon
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I have a MASSIVE KISS collection. I have the original halloween outfits in the boxes in near mint condition!! I have a ton of other stuff too. Along with Paul, the KISS collectibles are tied into my youth in the 70s.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I collect books (1000's), Vinyl and CDS (1000s), DVDs (800+) Guitars (17) and sheet music (loads LOL)

The first DVDs I got were all the Bonds! I love getting any of the above. I love going to Waterstones and picking out books that look interesting and then going to HMV and buying a loads of cds too!!

I still feel like I did when I was 8 or 9 when I used to have a new star wars figure and I couldn't wait to get home to play with it LMAO

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

By the way Paul, I was watching the 5th Planet of the Apes on DVD last night. Was in a POTA mood :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This was a great idea for a thread Paul :D

I started collecting Ozzy live audio as a young teenager when I fell in love the music and a friend introduced me to the local underground live audio scene 8)
I have a small-ish collection of VW cars now (4 bugs and 1 van ranging in age from 1950-1971 for the bugs & the Bus is 1964) although I find it to expensive to keep them all on the road,I tend to just use one now which is the 64 Bus. They have gained in value since I bought them and I asure anyone reading this I payed far less for each of them than they are worth these days.
Since Oscar was born I have started three small collections for him,

#1,
I have been buying old models of German cars for him, its not an expensive past time I find most of them at flea markets and pay around 10 Cents (USA) for them although some have greater values to collectors.
he has about 200 now 8)

#3,
I have started collecting Wombles for him, they cost about $2 at the markets.

I have been buying Toy Story merchandise if they are in good condition, I love those films and am really looking forward to watching them with Oscar :D and TS#3 is released next year so we will have three film to enjoy together :wink: :D

TO INFINITY AND BEYONDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I collect myspace friends. I keep them in large glass jars in my basement.

actually, Hot Wheels.....thousands of them. It became an obsession, and I had to stop cold turkey around 2001.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:I collect myspace friends. I keep them in large glass jars in my basement.

actually, Hot Wheels.....thousands of them. It became an obsession, and I had to stop cold turkey around 2001.
Hi Honey, dyu fancy letting some of those German models fall my way, hotwheels or Myspace :wink: :P

Joking aside if you want to sell any German car models Im your man!!! :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

cableguyxx wrote:I collect myspace friends. I keep them in large glass jars in my basement.

I collected myspace friends, too!
Then, I got into collecting facebook friends.
Now, I'm just collecting crap around my house, and no one seems interested in getting rid of the stuff.

Of course, I had gotten into collecting RR things, as the things I had got ruined. I had to stop cold turkey as well. It got to be very expensive.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Things I collect:

Socks
Underwear
Shot glasses
Earrings
Large historical non fiction books