Money makes the World go around...

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Money makes the World go around...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Why do we have to live in a world that is run by money. It fucking makes me sick that you get nothing for nothing in this world. You are forever worrying about how your going to pay bills. Just buying food alone is so costly these days and the prices are always increasing. It would be nice to just live without having to put your hand in your pocket all the time. The cost of living these days is so high and if you don't have a good paying job you have to scrimp and save and spend your money so carefully. What can you buy with £10 these days. I remember when £10 was alot of money you could do alot with that amount. What does it buy me today a box of 20 cigarettes a loaf of bread 4 pints of milk and i may have some change left over for bus/train fares to get to town and back. I'd prefer to go back to the way people use to live when they did favours for each other and traded goods like vegetables and live stock hens and cows. Being good to a neighbour and helping them and being paid in kind. No! thats called prostitution before you say anything HA! But we cannot change the way we live unless you dissapear and live on a remote island. Doing shit like they did on 'The Beach'. Now That would be cool ..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

That's not 'prostitution', it's communism in it's truest sense. Greed is the root of all evil. People can say wars are fought over religion, but actually they are started by people who want more power and more money.

It's funny that man invented the idea of money and then became a slave to it.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:That's not 'prostitution', it's communism in it's truest sense. Greed is the root of all evil. People can say wars are fought over religion, but actually they are started by people who want more power and more money.

It's funny that man invented the idea of money and then became a slave to it.
That’s very true Paul, and in the case of Communism in theory it provides helps and benefits all the people who work for its equality, but then like all systems it is broken by the greed of those who administer it because it stifles individual debate.

GI,

I have the same feelings as you about the racing hikes in costs. I have a modest house and car. We made a choice a few years ago at a time when thing were forging ahead that we were not going outstretch ourselves financially.
My friends bought the most expensive homes and the flashiest cars and they all ended up in huge debt, they were working on contracts that we were refusing because I saw a bubble that would burst! They were building homes and contracting themselves to fit poor quality materials which was something I found disgraceful (though I am in business and I want profit, I only accept it with quality or my principles are valueless).
They maintained lifestyles that brought huge lending and flashy lifestyles but I carried on promoting us as a company who could be relied on to fix things and would come to you 24/7 if you had an emergency! yes I got laughed at because I had to get up at 3am to go and fix a leak while they slept off heavy drinking sessions BUT things have gone as I foresaw several years ago.
I now have 50% more work at a time when they haven't worked in 6 months! It was all about reading the signs and planning ahead.

This is how I have tried to shape how we cope with the recession, we didn’t buy the biggest house and we didn’t continue to up-grade out cars. Now I think things are getting brighter for us and I see it getting even better as they sink further towards bankruptcy.
Though you are feeling the pinch GI, from what I know of you I believe you can survive however tough things get because like me you are working class and understand your roots! You also have had your fare share of disappointments. Whenever you turn the TV on and see people complaining about how hard things are you can just see that these greedy bastards have never lived through the harsh realties that we lived through in the 1980's!

This shared past and understanding is why I know that you will get by, I don't think the whole notion of a life where money features less is that unattainable either. Why not look into greater savings, have you made plans about what you can do to make your finances stretch further? I ask because I have thought about how to do this and I would love to speak further if you are up for the chat! I am sure we can repel the interlopers who might turn up in the conversation to fuck about and make idiotic attempts at ruining it! :wink
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

I’m sorry I usually read all the post before I reply But I couldn’t this time way to pissed. Anyhoe GUITARIDOL5682 I don’t really understand what that was about. So you want the olden days? When there was no proper sewage system no stoves to easily cook a meal on when they wouldn’t allow you to get a proper education, the times when the people in power were unaccountable?

Go fuck yourself wake up, shit it may be bad now but is is no where as bad as it used to be.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Yo GuitarIdol5682 , do yourself a huge favor financially and health wise , give up smoking !! there's some extra cashola in your pocket already ...
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

shanic wrote:So you want the olden days? When there was no proper sewage system no stoves to easily cook a meal on when they wouldn’t allow you to get a proper education, the times when the people in power were unaccountabble?
I did read it and I am certain that wasn't the point that GI was making :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote: I am sure we can repel the interlopers who might turn up in the conversation to fuck about and make idiotic attempts at ruining it! :wink
Yeah we have one pissed interloper who cannot read between the lines.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:It's funny that man invented the idea of money and then became a slave to it.
You hit the nail on the head with that one Paul.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here's a tip, if you don't take the time to read it, don't bother posting, because you'll just misconstrue things.
shanic
Cool Member

Re: Money makes the World go around...

Post by shanic »

We bit sober now let me reply to the original post again then.

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Why do we have to live in a world that is run by money.
It is so that it enables us humans to trade for goods on an equal standing, that is my $5 is $5 we don’t have to barter about the value of that $5.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It fucking makes me sick that you get nothing for nothing in this world.
So you want to be a fat lazy git that sits around doing nothing and getting shit for free! The thing is if you get of your ass and go earn some of that disgusting money you can pay for the things that you need, read that again it is a important point, not the things that you want!
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You are forever worrying about how your going to pay bills.
Unfortunately this is true for many people around the world that live in third world countries. Do you live in a third world country? Well stop moaning you ungratefully git. It is my experience that even those in my country on the social welfare can live a very good life they can only not pay their bills when they spend their welfare on things they want not on what the need. There is that very important point again.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Just buying food alone is so costly these days and the prices are always increasing. .
This will always be true inflation will be the cause of this. Of course this does depend on where you buy your food from? In general large market stores like food town over here say have rather inflated prices for their food. They can do this because of the convenience of having all that you need in one place. If you’re not a lazy cunt you can get the same food for much cheaper by going to the stores that sell specific foods. Or of course we live in a country where it is possible to grow your own veggies if you can be bothered. I have noticed that many people by large amounts of food that just goes to waste that is a pet hate of mine just plain ignorant.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It would be nice to just live without having to put your hand in your pocket all the time. .
I’m sorry why do you want material for free? That is what it sounds like, I can have a shit hot time without having to shell out cash I have a couple guitars that I can play that is immense free entertainment. I have friends that I can go visit and hang with that cost zero dollars and is often educational, immensely funny, entertaining and uplifting. I could go for a walk we have some of the greatest scenery in the world that cost basically nothing may be the food to eat while you’re out there. Oh that’s rite you do love music to don’t you? It cost very little to just sit around listing to music and I find that extremely satisfying. What about reading a book if you don’t have any friends to borrow some off and you don’t want to pay for them go to the library. I could go on forever here but I’m hoping that you get the point by now!
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The cost of living these days is so high and if you don't have a good paying job you have to scrimp and save and spend your money so carefully. .
Well there is an answer here if you are living beyond your means have a look at yourself!!!! If you want a better job go re-educate yourself put in the effort to make yourself available for these” good paying jobs”.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:What can you buy with £10 these days? .
That is near $30 dollars here, that depends on what your priorities are mate! Do you want to entertain yourself or do you want to live? For thirty dollars I can make my own lunch for the working week, it does mean getting off your bum and making your food for the day in the morning though.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I remember when £10 was alot of money you could do alot with that amount. What does it buy me today a box of 20 cigarettes a loaf of bread 4 pints of milk and i may have some change left over for bus/train fares to get to town and back. .
Why are you smoking if you are short of cash in the first place? You know that smoking is a serious health issue when they eventually fuck you up are you going to complain that the hospital cost’s to much as well? Why buy 4 pints of milk that has me a we bit baffled I’m assuming that you don’t drink 4 pints in one week that was just a throw away comment yeah because if you are that is seriously unhealthy to.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'd prefer to go back to the way people use to live when they did favours for each other and traded goods like vegetables and live stock hens and cows. .
Hence my comment before about the good old days you are seriously delusional if you think they those times where better. I suggest that you go to the library, its free no charge, and read some history books they will give you some insight into the time in history you allude to as the good times.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Being good to a neighbour and helping them and being paid in kind. .
This I do all the time without expecting anything in return this is an insight into a person’s character that I find very interesting when they expect payment for being kind. That is not being kind at all it’s called business.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:But we cannot change the way we live unless you dissapear and live on a remote island. Doing shit like they did on 'The Beach'. Now That would be cool .. .
So we get back to this again you want to be on holiday not put in any thought on how you should live and relax. Living on remote islands is not a dream but reality for many people. You will find that its hard work being self sufficient bloody hard work. No Cigs there mate unless the climate was right and you grew the shit yourself.

I’m wondering if you are a pom because to me you are coming across a winging pom !!!

Sure the times are hard for many people’s but I can pretty much grantee that they are nowhere near as hard for you as for many millions of others around the world. We often take for granted what we have and how we got them.

Rant over.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Shanic
<
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

hahhaha I have always liked that avatar
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It is tough when you live within your means, and have BOTH people in your household out of work and looking.

We were ok when only one of us not working, but now, it is very hard. And yes, we are both looking. It's either, "Sorry, you are over-qualified" or "sorry, you don't have enough experience or you are under-qualified".

I understand where you are coming from, GI, and I believe the saying, "one door closes, another one opens". Only problem I'm seeing, is WHEN is that next door going to open?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

What does it mean to be "over-qualified" and why does that keep you from getting a certain job?

I have since given up on finding work right now. I could find a really REALLY shitty minimum wage job right now, but it's just not worth it at the time. Hooray for living off savings.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I was always amazed at the last company i worked for that the dudes there would complain about the wages , they would explain that after they bought their cigarettes , bottle of JD or whatever , bought the baggie of weed , put gas in the tank etc etc they had zero money left to do anything ... well DUH ! sometimes you have to cut out all the 'unessesary' luxuries to get ahead and save some money ... and they wondered how could i possibly buy " another" guitar , i just told them i did'nt smoke , did'nt drink , lived a basic and clean life .. boring to some , awesome to me !
................................................................Image...............................................................................