Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

X MEN Fans-The New Wolverine movie

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Are there any X Men fans here at UR?

The new X men film looks brilliant! 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrYrXfWRnQ

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I've seen the preview. It looks pretty kick ass! I'll be seeing it when it comes out. 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've seen the movie and it was very good indeed.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:I've seen the movie and it was very good indeed.
Dammit I am green eyed :0

Paul, I have a question. One of the clips is set in the war. Do you find Wolverine's date of birth etc. Is Stryker seemingly a goodie/allie?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Wolverine was born in the 19th Century and his "healing powers" slowed his aging. So he was involved in both World Wars, Korea and Vietnam.

A co-worker downloaded the much-discussed 'leaked' copy of the film and we watched it at work one night (he downloads movies and we watch a movie every night on the graveyard shift). It's the complete film with some of the special effects missing - i.e. you can see the wires, and some of the computer generated stuff is just a gray model of what will be there.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the theatre.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Me too, Paul. Out of all of the XMen, Wolverine is my favorite.
By the way Paul, I like your signature!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Dirty Harry

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Hugh Jackman has always been a cool actor to watch. I can't figure out why noone puts him in a Dirty Harry movie. I had an idea for a Dirty Harry movie that would of really have been cool to see. Have Clint Eastwood be the retired Harry and living in a trailer park with a dog named Bonehead. A series of brutal murders forces Harry to investigate. Harry discovers that these murders are caused by the one criminal he could not bring to justice. He begins to have flashbacks of this unresolved case (enter Hugh Jackman). While Hugh handles a great deal of the action early on to satisfy the younger generation the climax is handled by Clint in one last gun battle with the criminal. Does noone see this resemblence but me?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

matt have you ever read the comics?

a couple of years back marvel printed a story that revealed all of wolverines origins then they printed one that showed his death.

very brave i suppose to finnaly give up the mystery of such a famous character. just wondered if you had read it.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

rice_pudding wrote:matt have you ever read the comics?

a couple of years back marvel printed a story that revealed all of wolverines origins then they printed one that showed his death.

very brave i suppose to finnaly give up the mystery of such a famous character. just wondered if you had read it.

Rob
Hi Rob,

Sorry I missed this. I was never into this when I was younger. I used to buy Superman everything. I have gotten into X Men from the movies. Suzie very occasionally gets a marvel comic.

Matt
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Having your skeletal structure plated with adamantium can have it's pluses, that's for sure. Wolverine is a great Marvel creation, IMO.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I am hoping to go see this movie next weekend when life has calmed down. It looks kickass. My friends that have seen it already agree with me. 8)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i have to say i half watched X2 last night on TV. I don't know who all the characters are but i liked that piece in the film when the 'bad' girl with the evil eyes :twisted: and can morph into anyone. When she visited Wolverine in his tent :shock: and started changing into different characters. "Who would you like me to be". 8) I thought that would be very useful in a fantasy. The other guy with the zippo lighter when the cops turned up, what a bad ass. Some good special effects. But i couldn't really grasp the Bad V's Good in a super heroes world it was far too 'Dweebish' for my liking. A classic war film came on after this 'Das Boot' for all war film buffs go and get it now. German with English sub titles but the overdubbed version is pants.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: it was far too 'Dweebish' for my liking.
and WHAT may I ask is wrong with dweebishness!!!! :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: it was far too 'Dweebish' for my liking.
and WHAT may I ask is wrong with dweebishness!!!! :D
Well i'm gonna take some serious brain washing to become a fan of the X men. give ma a good olde War film anyday. I'm watching one now Shaving Ryan's Privates :wink:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Shaun, did you see the first one? Some of the characters in the second one are explained in the first.
The second one was so-so in my opinion, and the third was really good.
I'm a sucker for Wolverine anyway......*sigh*
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.