Inauguration 2009

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Ok then. Go on and call people cunts and tell them to piss off. Not only does it make people like you, it causes them to take your opinions seriously. Not.

P.S. I am glad to hear that Gitmo is closing.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Logan wrote:So sorry if I've insulted your new Jesus Paul but under the constitution we still have I have every right to, so get over yourself.
Okay little boy, see how you are? I don't even need to bad mouth you because you make yourself look like an ass all on your own.

You can't back up anything with rational debate so you talk smack, just like a child. Now you bring religion into it just to piss me off.

As for your argument, so what if he doesn't have a long track record. What is the single most problem with the politicians in the United States? They are out for themselves. They stay in office as long as they can to rake in money and have power (ego) trips. So maybe a newbie is exactly what is needed.

Yes, Logan, you did say you hope you are wrong, but you also attacked the man because of his name and who he has associated with years ago. As an American, I hope you believe in the 'innocent until proven guilty' concept. Obama has been our leader since Tuesday and you've already crucified him before he has a chance to do anything.

By the way, you are right, I don't know you. I never said you live with mom and do nothing but post online, you said that. You want to know why I have more posts than you? Because I've been here since day one AND I spent 3 years incapacitated to the point where I couldn't physically do much more than post online. Now that I am capable of getting out and spending time in the real world, you'll notice that my posts are fewer. You want some respect? Tell me how old you are, how many children you've raised and what you do for your community.

Being an American gives you the right to freedom of speech, Logan, true. Being a human being gives you the responsibility to be a decent person. If you are going to use words like 'cunt', you fore go the right to be treated with respect.

You accuse me of not reading your initial post, but I did. You said Obama is a con man and the 'whole thing was a joke from the beginning". Then you started in on racist comments based on his name. You proved, with your opening salvo, that you cannot hold a mature conversation because you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Now, as for 'doing something' with your life, what have you done to make the world a better place? You have 'toured' and 'had music published' and 'won awards' for your music... so what? That is all about you, dude. Being president is supposed to be about others. Give the man a chance and wait for him to make a mistake before condemning him.
Paul I never made a racist comment so you can put that card right back in the deck.

Secondly you did make a comment that implied I was an at home loser because all i had time to do was endlessly rant on this forum.

Thirdly All I have done was give facts pertaining to his former associations which I feel should be called into serious consideration since they are ones of a serious nature. The fact that a friend and supporter of his (financially) was a domestic terrorist should be cause for concern. Also there has been the questions of possible illegal campaign contributions. Then we have the question of his eligibility to even be president as far as the conditions of his birth (quite frankly I find that a little far fetched but the fact that he has still yet to show a valid birth certificate is a little troubling. What he has produced is a certifiate of live birth issued from Hawaii, but that is not the same thing as a birth certificate and legally can not be taken as such.)

And Paul i have given countless free lessons and music classes to inner city children who otherwise would not have a chance to have exposure to music through a national after school program called 21st century. Not to mention I am very active in helping the homeless in our city by regurlary volunteering at the soup kitchen. So no Paul it is not about me, it is about people. And what I see him as a president doing is begining to grow Government to even more astronomical proportions than it already is. This means more taxes for me and my children, this means greater national debt. Increasing and better our infra structure (one of his proposals to help the economy) is temporary at best, because it too will need money from somewhere (again taxes and more borrowing from the fed) These "solutions" pose no solid foundation for a strong economy.

In my original post I was expressing my opinion of the man as a politician not as a person. I do not know him personaly and can not judge him as a human being, however I would not say no to lunch with him. But as a politician and a leader i do not see why celebrate him when I know nothing about him except vague ideas of "Hope" and "Change", he has not provided now or in the past campaign anything that would amount to a solid plan. He has given me nothing to support!

Also Paul I was not the one who first flung the dung as far as personal attacks. That was Ritchie who called me an Asshole. Then someone else felt it would be pertinent to slam me on my weight. Then someone else told me that if I didn't let it to get out and not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out. My original post was civil yet amply expressed my concerns of the current political state of affairs in this country.

It is everyone else Paul, who has not provided any factual evidence why Obama is such a great leader. To the contrary it has been nothing but attacks against me.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this. I would Love nothing more than to say Yes Obama has such wonderful ideas that I can believe in and yes i will give him my support. However before I do that I need ideas, solid concrete ones that make sense. However all we have is smoke and mirrors and nothing that makes much sense just slogans and hype.

So Paul if you have some wonderful information about Obama that really shows his vision as a concrete leader or some past experience that warrents his being labeled as a solid leader I am open to your suggestions. But if all you're going to do is throw around the old racist bull shit please keep your mouth closed. I am not a racist and I take great offense to you suggesting that I am. I voted for Alan Keyes( an african American) in 2000 and thought he would have made a stellar president.

In conclusion let me apologize for my calling everyone Cunts. I was out of order and I do apologize for that.

And Sarab I apologize for telling you to piss off.
"...But these go to 11..."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

First off, thank you for your post, I appreciate the fact that you can express yourself so well when you want to.

The reason I said 'racist' is because your first reference was to Hussein Obama rather than Barack Obama. You know as well as I do that reference insinuates that he is Muslim and we in the US are supposed to hate Muslims due to 9/11. It was an inflammatory comment intended to get a response, and it worked. I am not going to "throw around the old racist bull shit", Logan. I call them as I see them. The term "African-American" is racist in my opinion. It is the black man's way of separating himself. All the whites in this country came from somewhere else as well, but we are not called "Irish-American" or "French-American" to describe our skin color. Not to mention, Africa is a continent not a country, so the reference is improper to begin with. Egypt is in Africa but Egyptian-Americans are not called "African American", South Africa is predominantly white, and as such "African American" is not applied to Americans from South Africa. But all this is off topic.

Now then, I think it's great that you have given free guitar lessons and help the homeless, my respect for you has increased tremendously.

As for our President, what I know of him is what I hear in the news. The news in this country is based on propaganda, so I discount most of it. I don't know who supported him financially other than those reported in the news, are those reports accurate? I doubt it.

You say he is going to raise taxes for you and your children? How else are we going to get the country back to where it needs to be? I mean that as an honest question, because I don't know. As long as the taxes are used to fund programs essential to our society, I am for them. Taxes to fund exploration of Mars would not be essential (or even remotely important) in my opinion. I have no "wonderful information" about our president, I simply am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You say "all we have is smoke and mirrors" yet he hasn't had time to do anything yet. Give it time and revisit the topic in a few months, maybe we'll all agree with your assessment by then. For now, we don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:First off, thank you for your post, I appreciate the fact that you can express yourself so well when you want to.

The reason I said 'racist' is because your first reference was to Hussein Obama rather than Barack Obama. You know as well as I do that reference insinuates that he is Muslim and we in the US are supposed to hate Muslims due to 9/11. It was an inflammatory comment intended to get a response, and it worked. I am not going to "throw around the old racist bull shit", Logan. I call them as I see them. The term "African-American" is racist in my opinion. It is the black man's way of separating himself. All the whites in this country came from somewhere else as well, but we are not called "Irish-American" or "French-American" to describe our skin color. Not to mention, Africa is a continent not a country, so the reference is improper to begin with. Egypt is in Africa but Egyptian-Americans are not called "African American", South Africa is predominantly white, and as such "African American" is not applied to Americans from South Africa. But all this is off topic.

Now then, I think it's great that you have given free guitar lessons and help the homeless, my respect for you has increased tremendously.

As for our President, what I know of him is what I hear in the news. The news in this country is based on propaganda, so I discount most of it. I don't know who supported him financially other than those reported in the news, are those reports accurate? I doubt it.

You say he is going to raise taxes for you and your children? How else are we going to get the country back to where it needs to be? I mean that as an honest question, because I don't know. As long as the taxes are used to fund programs essential to our society, I am for them. Taxes to fund exploration of Mars would not be essential (or even remotely important) in my opinion. I have no "wonderful information" about our president, I simply am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You say "all we have is smoke and mirrors" yet he hasn't had time to do anything yet. Give it time and revisit the topic in a few months, maybe we'll all agree with your assessment by then. For now, we don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Actually I agree with your assesment of the "African-American" label, I didn't know how otheers felt about it so I was taking the "politically correct" road there. As far as the "Hussein" thing goes what happened was in my anger I had spaced out his first name and the only thing I remembered was teh Hussein bit. i should have clarified my thinking right when it was called into question but I ran with it instead which was a stupid ass move on my part. But I do feel his ties to Bill Ayers are more than enough reason for red flags to go up.

As far as taxes being the only way for the country to get better is a falsity. No where in history has higher taxes helped a society. Higher taxes has only burdened the working class which has caused them to revolt. It was the reason for the American revolution, the French Revolution, the english Peasant revolution etc.. history has given us many examples of taxation failing. When you are not able to reap the benefits of your labor what is the point of working? Call it a scar on the human charecter fine but it is what it is, and what it is is a realistic human trait.

IDF also brings up some rather interesting facts as well in hia posts above.

Also, I am giving him a chance. If I wasn't I would not have said I wanted to be proved wrong. What I am doing now is calling all of this as I see it up til this point. And believe me I will keep an eye him and in several months time will asses again, as I think all responsible Americans should do.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This sounds like a step in the right direction:
Barack Obama wrote: However long we are keepers of the public trust we should never forget that we are here as public servants and public service is a privilege. It's not about advantaging yourself. It's not about advancing your friends or your corporate clients. It's not about advancing an ideological agenda or the special interests of any organization. Public service is, simply and absolutely, about advancing the interests of Americans.

The men and women in this room understand this, and that's why you're here. All of you are committed to building a more responsible, more accountable government. And part of what that means is making sure that we're spending precious tax dollars wisely and cutting costs wherever possible.

During this period of economic emergency, families are tightening their belts, and so should Washington. And that's why I'm instituting a pay freeze on the salaries of my senior White House staff. Some of the people in this room will be affected by the pay freeze, and I want you to know that I appreciate your willingness to agree to it, recognizing that it's what's required of you at this moment. It's a mark of your commitment to public service.

But the American people deserve more than simply an assurance that those who are coming to Washington will serve their interests. They also deserve to know that there are rules on the books to keep it that way. They deserve a government that is truly of, by, and for the people. As I often said during the campaign, we need to make the White House the people's house. And we need to close the revolving door that lets lobbyists come into government freely, and lets them use their time in public service as a way to promote their own interests over the interests of the American people when they leave.

So today we are taking a major step towards fulfilling this campaign promise. The executive order on ethics I will sign shortly represents a clean break from business as usual. As of today, lobbyists will be subject to stricter limits than under any other administration in history. If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on, or in the agencies you lobbied during the previous two years. When you leave government, you will not be able to lobby my administration for as long as I am President. And there will be a ban on gifts by lobbyists to anyone serving in the administration, as well.

Now, the new rules on lobbying alone, no matter how tough, are not enough to fix a broken system in Washington. That's why I'm also setting new rules that govern not just lobbyists, but all those who have been selected to serve in my administration.
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

yup sure is. but how can I believe him when his treasurer is a tax cheat. His secretary of state has taken ilegal campaign contributions and her husband took money from the Chinese. These are words Paul just wotds. He has done nothing but say them. If he wants act on them and give them merit, get rid of Hilary and his treasurer (sorry his name escapes me at the time). a pay freeze is a good start but I want pink slips being handed out to redundant employees and disbandment of useless commitees. When i see that then we can talk.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

he's been in office just a few days. give the guy a freaking chance. i didn't want him for president, but all i can do is make the best of it, and give him a FAIR chance.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

we wont know if anything good will happen from this. we wont know if anything bad will happen from this. all we can do is go on with our lives. there's plenty of racist assholes that are just waiting for his first mistake. and believe me, when he does screw up, he'll be out.

you can sot around and complain or get on with your lives like i am.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Logan wrote:
In conclusion let me apologize for my calling everyone Cunts. I was out of order and I do apologize for that.

And Sarab I apologize for telling you to piss off.
Thank you.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Just cause someone doesn't like Obama doesn't make them a racist. I don't like him, and I still wouldn't like him if he were a white dude. I don't like him cause of his policies, as I think they are pipe dreams. But some pipe dreams become a reality. If Obama can actually DO some of the things he says, that would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening. Only time can tell.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

NicDots wrote:Just cause someone doesn't like Obama doesn't make them a racist. I don't like him, and I still wouldn't like him if he were a white dude. I don't like him cause of his policies, as I think they are pipe dreams. But some pipe dreams become a reality. If Obama can actually DO some of the things he says, that would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening. Only time can tell.
Thanks Nicole.

You seem to assume that people who dont like Obama are racist.

I didn't want him in because he's democratic and I am a republican. Nothing racist about that at all. I said what I said because I know of a town in alabama that was in a riot because of his election. I know that racism is still unfortunately strong in the US and it will eventually happen whether he does good or bad, and i pray it doesn't happen.

I'm also looking at your post count and seeing your whopping 5 posts I'm wondering why you joined this board? Just to debate? There's a ton of good people on here that will outnumber you if you attack the wrong person(s). Its an actual family here.

Either way, welcome to the board.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
NicDots wrote:Just cause someone doesn't like Obama doesn't make them a racist. I don't like him, and I still wouldn't like him if he were a white dude. I don't like him cause of his policies, as I think they are pipe dreams. But some pipe dreams become a reality. If Obama can actually DO some of the things he says, that would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening. Only time can tell.
Thanks Nicole.

:?:
I stated the exact opposite: that not everyone who doesn't like Obama is a "racist asshole."
I don't believe Logan or Chi-Town Strikes back or whoever the newbie is hate Obama cause he's black; they probably just hate him cause he's a liberal, and not cause they are "racist assholes."
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

Like I stated in an earlier post I voted for Alan Keyes in 2000. I have always thought Bush was a tit. But he started strong and then for whatever reason headed south and fast! I have no problem with a black man as president, I would welcome a Black woman president with open arms as long as they had a strong foundation for what America really needs. Obama pays lip service to a higher standard but his choices for staff have shown that he has no intention of holding to a higher standard. Actions speak louder than eords and just 2 short days he has given us plenty to be worried about.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think historically, the 2nd terms for presidents are always worse. FDR is always used as an example in history classes. Although I was a few months shy of being able to vote in 2004, I would have voted for Bush. But it was more of a vote AGAINST Kerry since I thought he was so utterly worthless. His whole platform was "Well, I'm not the other guy." That just wasn't gonna cut it for me.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

NicDots wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
Thanks Nicole.

:?:
I stated the exact opposite: that not everyone who doesn't like Obama is a "racist asshole."
I don't believe Logan or Chi-Town Strikes back or whoever the newbie is hate Obama cause he's black; they probably just hate him cause he's a liberal, and not cause they are "racist assholes."
Sorry. The first two words were intended for you, love. Not the whole thing.