Burning DVDs

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RockyRhoads

Burning DVDs

Post by RockyRhoads »

Okay, I want to burn some DVDs and I bought Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 8 to do so.

IT SUCKS!!

It has morphed and now any time I start up the computer, it tries to install the Roxio software. Microsoft's Anti Spyware program runs automatically at 2 AM and Roxio tries to reinstall... I burned a disc and get gaps in the audio approximately once ever 60 seconds...

Any suggestions on good software?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

If your burning a DVD vid files look at NERO 6 ULTRA EDITION, or NERO VISONEXPRESS 2
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i'd recommend Ulead DVD MovieFactory :!:
RockyRhoads

Post by RockyRhoads »

Wat about ripping to the hard drive? Do these work well for that also?
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

I will have to keep this info in mind when I start copying my DVDs...

Stephanie
<3 <3 <3
THE Gillis Girl
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

RockyRhoads wrote:Wat about ripping to the hard drive? Do these work well for that also?
I recommend software called Smartripper for ripping although you could try DVDShrink or NeroReCode
RockyRhoads

Post by RockyRhoads »

The Ulead DVD MovieFactory software is working great, thanks for the tip.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

RockyRhoads wrote:The Ulead DVD MovieFactory software is working great, thanks for the tip.
No problemo, just share what you rip ;)

Speaking of ripping to harddrive ...
I use a neat little program called DVD Decrypter.

You should find it on doom9.org
David_Ford_1956

Post by David_Ford_1956 »

I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 and it works good except for one thing... when I put more than one video on a disc, everything after the first video gets out-of-sync - the mouths move before or after the sound...

Mostly I download concert videos and a lot are not big enough to put on a DVD alone; it would be a waste of a DVD to only put a 45 minute video on and leave enough room for 2 or more videos at the end...

Anyone know how I can correct this problem?
RANDY RHOADS 1981

Post by RANDY RHOADS 1981 »

A program called Anydvd, which isnt free, will be what you want along with DVD Shrink 3.2, which is free, to rip the dvd to the drive. Anydvd will "de-scramble" the Sony based Macrovision copy prorection found on any retail dvd and make it appear as a non protected dvd while DVD Shrink will rip and slightly compress the ripped files so they will fit a standard 4.7 gig blank.

Anydvd just runs in the taskbar and does nothing but as i said, makes the dvd appear naked. Its about $50 and well worth it.

Once the files are ripped all protection will be removed. Then just load up Nero and point to the ripped files. Your burned copy then can be burned straight up without needing any special software.