The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sik_kreations
Cool Member

Re: The Movie/Favorite Movies Thread

Post by sik_kreations »

DethCrew30 wrote:How about Resident Evil???

love all the resident evil movies.. been a fan since the first game came out on ps1 back in 95
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I have watched (and purchased) well over 100 DVD since I last wrote.

One that sticks out as being a very special film is a film called 'My Name is Khan'. Khan is a Muslim man on the autistic spectrum who comes to America and lives happily until the 9/11 attacks and his relationship with his wife change and life alters drastically. I wont give anything else away, except that it is a very uplifting film.

Other films I have loved and watched again and again since Christmas are Kick Ass (Hit Girl is AWESOME!) and an old but brilliant film, Planes Trains and Automobiles. Both so damn funny!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:
One that sticks out as being a very special film is a film called 'My Name is Khan'. Khan is a Muslim man on the autistic spectrum who comes to America and lives happily until the 9/11 attacks and his relationship with his wife change and life alters drastically. I wont give anything else away, except that it is a very uplifting film.
That sounds interesting... i'll be sure to hunt it down in the future.

A couple of unusual films i've watched recently; "Field of Dreams", "Everything is Illuminated" and "The Namesake". Neither are especially brilliant, but all are worth a watch imo.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Cheers Alex,

You know me well! That looks right up my street :)
This is for SAW fans! It is a piece I wrote for Jigsaw...I want to play a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5D5UIm ... re=related
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

shawn wrote:Last week I watched the Lemmy documentary not bad, I love Motorhead’s music.

I have just watched Inside Job, produced, written and directed by Charles Fergusson narrated by Matt Damon.

It is a discussion of the 2008 financial crash, a beautiful/horrifying easy to understand round up of the situation that we are still in. The facts presented are easy to follow and verifiable with minimal effort.

It is has a shocking ending, where they prove that America is not the democracy we are lead to believe.

A must watch for all.
I wanna see that.Yeah GE,the largest corporation in the USA made 14BILLION in profits last year and will not be paying any income taxes.That's the way this country is being run into the ground.

Some movies that come to mind are:

Pale Rider-clint eastwood/western-excellent,hero saves the day by exacting sweet revenge
To Live and Die in LA-willem dafoe/crime- fast paced,psychological crime movie with twists and turns.Willem dafoe is one of my fave actors-he so crazy lookin!
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Haven't watched anything new recently but there are 3 movies on the horizon that I can't wait for, "Pirates 4", "Transformers 3" and although it is a ways out, I am absolutely thrilled that "THE HOBBIT" is actually filiming, that's the one I really can't wait for!!
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Anyone here seen 'Catfish'?

Its about a guy who travels across america to meet the girl of his dreams, whom he met on facebook?

Really cheaply made, but very good.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rice_pudding wrote:Anyone here seen 'Catfish'?

Its about a guy who travels across america to meet the girl of his dreams, whom he met on facebook?

Rob
I meant to reply sooner, I have been told that it is unclear if some of this was staged? what did you think Rob.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:Anyone here seen 'Catfish'?

Rob
I meant to reply sooner, I have been told that it is unclear if some of this was staged? what did you think Rob.
Honestly i don't know! Aside from the questionable beginning of the film i see no obvious reason why it would be fake. But many documentaries are fake or have faked scenes. Many of the very first documentaries were entirely fake!

There is always a question of how you mediate content as a documentary filmmaker; hence direct cinema and other movements emerged in the 60s.

I feel Catfish to be an honest portrayal of its subject, even if it bends the rules in getting there.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Spiritinthesky

Post by Spiritinthesky »

Get Carter, I just love that film.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I always loved science fiction. It might be a toss up between Star Wars (Episode VI) and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (the first one). :lol:

I also like Mysterious Island, Sparticus, and all the old Sinbad and Conan movies (really anything of the old movies dealing with crazy adventures or fantastical stories set in ancient times).
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Just saw The Avengers. Great movie.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Geo Sav wrote:Just saw The Avengers. Great movie.

Me too, just got home, actually!

Love Tony Stark's tshirt while he's talking to Loki:

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Me too. Did you like the movie?